forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Help with Logic Error in ADX Level

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Help with Logic Error in ADX Level

Hi guys, first of all I just want to say that Mr. Popov created some amazing software.  I am really impressed, and I will definitely purchase the software given it’s ability to convert strategies into MT4 EA’s.  Even if just for the purpose  of having the ability to write entry EA’s for swing trades while I sleep is extremely valuable.  Thank-you Mr. Popov.

Getting to the point, I have been playing around and think may have found a bug in the ADX logic.  As you can see with the attached screenshots, long trades should only occur when “ADX line is higher than the level line”.  Well at the time of the long trade on 2016 07 08 09:15,  the ADX level was 17.7321 , while the level line is set at 20, therefore no trade should have occurred even though it did.

If someone could let me know what steps should I take to fix the issue, would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers, Pete.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41517298/ADX-Not-Working.png

Re: Help with Logic Error in ADX Level

Pete, what's the previous value of ADX?

My Bad....I just figured it out

The previous bar value had and ADX value over 20.0, and since the previous value is at closing, that means that the opening value of the trade was over 20, and the 17.7321 was the closing value of the trade opening candle.

Sorry about that, maybe somebody will learn from my mistake.

Cheers, Pete.

No problems and no need to be sorry, that's what this forum is about - learning!

Have a great weekend! Great Canadian weekend! wink

footon wrote:

Pete, what's the previous value of ADX?

Thank-you Footon for your quick reply.  I just noticed your response after I made my second post.  It is a great sign of quality and gives me confidence in the product and forum when somebody with experience responds quickly.

Much appreciated

Cheers, Pete.

Hello Pete,

I'm really impressed how fast you figure out why the indicator uses it's previous bar value.
Sometimes even seasoned users straggle with that concept.

But I know the Canadians are clever people (reference Dr. Rodney McKay - the most clever man in two galaxies).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Help with Logic Error in ADX Level