Topic: Is the RSI Convergence and Divergence indicator code correct?
I'm wondering whether the RSI convergence and divergence indicator's code is correct.
When I include them in my strategies and exported it to MT4, sometimes it is fine but other times, the MT4 would "shut" down and the message would pop up saying:
"MetaTrader has stopped working"
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Prior to that, I didn't have such issue.
I know without me being specific with my EA (confidential) opening and closing conditions, it is very hard for you to pinpoint the issue. However, would you mind take a look at the coding to see whether it is working fine. I noticed I have more of such occurrence when I use the convergence and divergence in LTF with different time frame, hence, I wonder whether somehow there are some encoding conflict arise from it? (that's just my layman guessing).
Also generally, I have a hunch (just based on my observation, not sure whether I'm right) that when I use any indicators with various or all time frames e.g. when MA fast higher than slow MA for Min1, Min15, Min30, H1, H4), the EA doesn't seem to "work" perfectly than if I were to use lesser LTF conditions. I know with more LTF conditions, I'm making my EA more complex. However, I noticed that when the market conditions on the MT4 chart are "met", my EA doesn't kick into action as expected.
In the past, there were some bugs for FSB 1min chart or LTF, hence, there were issues with the calculation of bar counts (my 1min EA used to run up to 10,000 and you wondered why my EA needed so many bars, and I didn't know too...but when I raised this issue, you checked and found out that it was some bug or encoding issue and then it was fix in early quarter this year). Since then, my EA used lesser bars.
Then there were some other issues with 1min chart or LTF in the past...hence I thought maybe with my current observation, maybe there might be some issue with the encoding or calculation due to the integration of the different LTF indicators. Especially when I add the condition such as "rising" in for various or all time frame, the profit calculation seem a bit odd (as in it suppose to improve the performance/results, instead, my EA profit calculation changed drastically)
I'm know nothing about programming but as an end user, I'm just raising my suspicion/observation (which may be unfounded or I didn't know where to pinpoint the issue).
Looking back, comparing the beginning of the year and now, I definitely see a great improvement in my min1 EA performance (because you fixed the previous bug issues, though my conditions are more or the same).