forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Is the RSI Convergence and Divergence indicator code correct?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-29 11:20:08)

Topic: Is the RSI Convergence and Divergence indicator code correct?

Hi Popov,

I'm wondering whether the RSI convergence and divergence indicator's code is correct.

When I include them in my strategies and exported it to MT4, sometimes it is fine but other times, the MT4 would "shut" down and the message would pop up saying:

"MetaTrader has stopped working"
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Prior to that, I didn't have such issue. 

I know without me being specific with my EA (confidential) opening and closing conditions, it is very hard for you to pinpoint the issue.  However, would you mind take a look at the coding to see whether it is working fine.  I noticed I have more of such occurrence when I use the convergence and divergence in LTF with different time frame, hence, I wonder whether somehow there are some encoding conflict arise from it? (that's just my layman guessing).

Also generally, I have a hunch (just based on my observation, not sure whether I'm right) that when I use any indicators with various or all time frames e.g. when MA fast higher than slow MA for Min1, Min15, Min30, H1, H4), the EA doesn't seem to "work" perfectly than if I were to use lesser LTF conditions.  I know with more LTF conditions, I'm making my EA more complex.  However, I noticed that when the market conditions on the MT4 chart are "met", my EA doesn't kick into action as expected.

In the past, there were some bugs for FSB 1min chart or LTF, hence, there were issues with the calculation of bar counts (my 1min EA used to run up to 10,000 and you wondered why my EA needed so many bars, and I didn't know too...but when I raised this issue, you checked and found out that it was some bug or encoding issue and then it was fix in early quarter this year).  Since then, my EA used lesser bars.

Then there were some other issues with 1min chart or LTF in the past...hence I thought maybe with my current observation, maybe there might be some issue with the encoding or calculation due to the integration of the different LTF indicators.  Especially when I add the condition such as "rising" in for various or all time frame, the profit calculation seem a bit odd (as in it suppose to improve the performance/results, instead, my EA profit calculation changed drastically)

I'm know nothing about programming but as an end user, I'm just raising my suspicion/observation (which may be unfounded or I didn't know where to pinpoint the issue). 

Looking back, comparing the beginning of the year and now, I definitely see a great improvement in my min1 EA performance (because you fixed the previous bug issues, though my conditions are more or the same).

Thanks

Regards
Hannah

Re: Is the RSI Convergence and Divergence indicator code correct?

Hello Hannah,
Thank you for the reports!

Can you make some more tests? For example, whether other MT terminals crash with this expert, whether the terminal crashes if you remove LTF and run the indicator on the main time frame, whether the terminal crashes if you don't trade this expert, whether it crashes when you trade this expert without this indicator...

I can only help if I can reproduce a bug. For example, you send me an expert that makes the MT crashing and when I run it on my terminal I have to see that terminal crashes. Then I can try finding the reason, so that after changing something and run the EA and the terminal does not crash I will know that it is fixed.

when I use any indicators with various or all time frames e.g. when MA fast higher than slow MA for Min1, Min15, Min30, H1, H4), the EA doesn't seem to "work" perfectly than if I were to use lesser LTF conditions.

Can you post an example where an expert trading differs for the backtest on the same data?

However, I noticed that when the market conditions on the MT4 chart are "met", my EA doesn't kick into action as expected.

Can you post an example, with screenshots, expert and log file, where the conditions are met and the EA doesn't trade?
If such case exists it would be a major issue that must be fixed immediately.

3 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-29 11:56:23)

Hi Popov,

I'll do more testing.

Meanwhile, just to let you know that all my MT4 crashes whenever I load most of EA regardless whether with this indicator or not. And each time I load, it crashed and then I re open the MT4 and everything seems to run as normal without any crashes.  The troublesome part is, now I have to restart the MT4 for each EA loaded, cos it crashed and I have to reopen again. (I've experienced this issue in the past before but after you fixed some bugs, it went again...now it's back again).

Prior to that, I recall recently I also install the Price Volume Trend indicator, so I don't know which is causing the problem.

I'll try your suggestion to remove those suspected EA and see whether MT4 still crashes...I'll give you the feedback later.

4 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-29 12:02:41)

Hi Popov,

I've tried it on a new MT4 and there isn't any crashes yet, cos I only loaded a few EA (the ones that crashed in other MT4 but didn't crashed in this one).

I'm add in more EA till I see which one cause the MT4 to crashed...(I need more time cos of the hundreds of EA I have to do it one by one...oh boy)

I get trouble with MT4 crashing, without FSBPro strategies.....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

6 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-29 18:59:32)

Hi Popov,

I got this error message from FSB Pro "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This occurred when I tried to use 2 logics (a) and logic (b) for closing conditions.

My logic (b) closing conditions used only RSI convergence indicator for 1 time chart which is 30min and I kept getting this error message and FSB Pro "refuse" to let me continue by keep having this error message popping up.  I have to close the FSB pro and restart again and then it can work again...

Note: I noticed that under the scroll down list of logic eg. a, b, c, d, etc.  it is blank and hence this error occur.  I need to click the scroll down list and choose b.  Normally, an alphabet would appear automatically but sometimes, it is blank.

I cannot reproduce it.

http://s28.postimg.org/ji3rwm5e1/screenshot_1217.jpg

Can you describe the exact steps that lead to the crash. Better with a screenshot and a strategy.

Sorry I don't know how come the logic group drop down menu is blank at times instead of the usual a to z option.

Can't reproduced cos I received download the FSB PRO again hoping to get rid of any bugs or corruption, not sure whether that's the right jargon to use for this issue

I wonder if you are using a separate computer for your trading.

The reason I ask that, is, sometimes Windows gets messed up and has to be rebooted to get back to working properly.

I reboot my work computer daily because I am running all sorts of things at once and get better performance.

I keep the trading machine for that only and reboot once the markets are closed on the weekend.

I have submitted a few errors that ultimately were based on my machine being a bit confused, that is why I keep things separate.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

The reason I ask that, is, sometimes Windows gets messed up and has to be rebooted to get back to working properly.

I reboot my work computer daily because I am running all sorts of things at once and get better performance.

I keep the trading machine for that only and reboot once the markets are closed on the weekend.

I have submitted a few errors that ultimately were based on my machine being a bit confused, that is why I keep things separate.

Thanks for the suggestion.  But I can't spare 2 computers that run 24/7 one for testing and another for real trading.  I just started live trading and am now observing the performance and comparing it with my demo account.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  But I can't spare 2 computers that run 24/7 one for testing and another for real trading.  I just started live trading and am now observing the performance and comparing it with my demo account.

12 (edited by hannahis 2015-10-06 16:56:31)

Hi Popov,

Thanks for the Convergence and Divergence indicator.  They worked very well.  In fact now I prefer to use these indicator instead of "rising" etc because it is more stable than just "rising" options.  And hence, my EA worked better now.

Can you add more features or options to these indicators?  Instead of just Convergence or Divergence, is it possible to indicate or choose which type of convergence/divergence?

Eg. RSI Convergence occurs when both price and RSI moved in the same direction (but I want to differentiate the price direction).  I want to differentiate between rising price convergence and falling price convergence.  Is it possible to add these differentiation?  Because I use them in LTF, I want to make sure that when I put convergence for 15min, 1H and 4H, it's referring to rising prices for all these time frame in the same price direction and not 15m falling price convergence, 1H falling price convergence and 4H rising price convergence etc (just for illustration).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Is the RSI Convergence and Divergence indicator code correct?