Topic: Faulty lot allocation

Hi Popov,

I tried to run my EA in different currencies and noticed that the lot allocation isn't stable. 

For eg. I put 0.01 lot open and 0.01 lot for additional and total 5 lots, sometimes there are trades opened differently such as 0.34 lots

Another time, I put 1 lot to open and max 10 lots.  I saw one open trade at 9 lots instead of 1 lot.  That's scary if it is real trading account.

This faulty lots allocation happened in Gold, AUDUSD, GBPUSD and EURUSD.

Re: Faulty lot allocation

I have never experienced or heard for such a problem. Do you use trading units set in Lot or in Percent in the Strategy Properties?

You have to post your strategy in order to reproduce the issue. How many lots the strategy opens in the backtest? Does your account settings correspond to your demo account?

Hi Popov,

Me too, I never encounter this faulty issue till now (since last week n even today for Gold commodity).  All my strategies are trading in lots. 

Account setting correspond to my demo account?  You mean 5 digit, what else need to correspond?

The weird thing is, most of the trades are fine and out of the blue, sometimes it will have this faulty lot allocation.  It happens again today.

Hi Popov,

This is the screen shot your requested for the Break Even issue.  In the past, the SL will move once my trades reached the Break Even, ie. if my BE is 100, the SL will move to the opening price once my trade reached 100 pips.  Now, the SL just stay the static and not dynamic anymore.

Attached is my EA 16511.  My breakeven is 100, SL450

http://s9.postimg.org/9oysgjop7/image.jpg

Hi Popov,

The faulty lot allocation happened again.  This time it opens 21 lots!

I see where the "bug" may be found.  I put entry for new position = 1 and maximum position lot = 20 and hence my EA opened 21 lots.  This happened randomly.  Most of the time it is fine.  But once a while it is faulty.

In another case, I put open new position = 1 and maximum position= 8 and the EA opened 9 lots.

Kindly look into this issue seriously cause I really don't have confidence to use the programme if it behaved this way in real trade.  Thanks for your kind assistance.

Hi Popov,

Another incident happened again today.  This time similar pattern occurred, i.e. new lot =1, max lot = 4 and the EA opened 5 lots in 1 position.  I run the EA in two different broker.  Both occurred at the same time, entered around the same timing with 5 lots in 1 position.  So if it is random, then I wonder why both the same EA opened in different brokers' MT4 at around the same time. 

I hope these information would be helpful.

Please don't ask me for my strategies cos it is confidential.  I hope you can understand.

I updated the expert's code. Restart FSB Pro in order to update the code and after seeing the update note re-export your expert.
Please report if the problem happens after the update.

Hi Popov,

Thanks for such prompt update to fix the bug.

How about the Break Even issue.  Are you going to fix it in the next update.  Because the Break even can make a winning strategy into a losing one as I've observed from my trades.  My strategies used to make profits but now with the BE not moving the SL, a lot of my strategies were affected because I use the multiple additional lots as a form of profit protection. 

Beside BE, is there any other method to protect my profits?  Because today, I just saw my trades posting a $128k profit and it turned into a great loss when the trend turned around.  Such a pity.  Attached is the case as an example in Gold because BE doesn't work for 2 digit.

I've been working on a trading theory that is able (more or less) be used inter-changeable for most currencies.  And it works wonderfully for the Gold.  So can you add in the Gold data history or at least allow the SL, BE to be used for Gold which is only 2 digit?  Or do you have any suggestion how to use my EA (meant for EURUSD) to be used for Gold cos in a 5 digit EURUSD, my BE is 100.  How to change it to suits Gold which is 2 digit?  I can't put, 1 for BE.

Thanks once again for your speedy work to fix the lot issue.

http://s7.postimg.org/u1mpansqv/Faulty_BE.jpg

Hi Popov,

The faulty lot allocation issue got worse after the update. 

Now it keeps adding lots incrementally, i.e. the 1st entry= 1 lot, 2nd entry=2 lots, 3 entry = 3 lots per trade this went on till the 5th entry, it opened 5 lot in 1 trade.

My new lot =1 and maximum = 5, addition on Winner option.

Hi Popov,

Now I examine the time and direction of the trades, it didn't add incrementally.

But it did increase the lots over the time for each new trade, such as 1 then 3, then 4 and then 5 for each new trade.

Attached is the screen shot of the EA 50 with the different trades.

http://s29.postimg.org/41mrkpmrn/Faulty_lot_allocation_EA_50.jpg

I didn't use Martingale multiplier just for your info

Please attach the strategy and a log file for that expert. I cannot do anything without the full data.

Do you have unique magic number for each expert?

Hi Popov,

I think the possible bug may lies in the issue of extreme small period such as anything below 5.  Try testing out indicators with extreme low period like ma cross 1 n 3, etc

Yes I've unique magic number for each EA.  I've created thousands of EA and usually I'm testing more than 50 EA at a same time.  Each day my MT4 opens approximately 1000 positions and I use 9 MT4 to test out my 50 EA in different currencies.  All these are not possible if I have to write the EA myself.  Thanks for the FSB Pro creating EA is easy peasy...finding the right formula is....well holy grail smile