Topic: Generator and Number of parallel threads / several Generators

Hi,
I am testing FSBpro at the moment. When I use the generator I want to maximize the amount of Calculated Strategies.
I think FSBpro is not really using all available processors.
I tested on a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine with 32GB Ram and 24 proc. cores.
So  I tested 50 different variations. And it does not make any difference in total. Example:
When I start 1 generator for 5 Minutes, i get 10.000 calcs - when i start generators for 5 cloned strategies for 5 minutes i get 2.000 calcs each. Server is not really stressed.
Data bars: ~5.000

Am I doing something wrong or is the support of parallel generators with lot of processors not really supported?

Thanks.

Re: Generator and Number of parallel threads / several Generators

You can load you computer better if you are using several FSB Pro copies.

Here is 90% load from 2 copies.

http://s28.postimg.org/q9wizisrd/screenshot_776.jpg

You are right - much more better results.

But now I have another problem. I do not get even one result with generator.

I think I am doing something wrong, I never had this Problem with the "old" FSB.

I dont have any acceptance criteria, all slots are unlocked, all indicators checked, maximum opening an closing logic slots = 3, search best = net balance, OOS = 20%.

When I start generator, Opening Point becomes "Bar Opening" and Closing Point becomes "Bar Closing" and nothing happens.
It is not trying even one opening or closing logic condition.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Check the entry amount. Try with 0.1 lots. If your entry amount is too high for your initial account the generator may not be able to find a profitable strategy.

Thanks a lot for your fast support.

Entry amount was set to 0,01 - when I set it to 0,1 it really works.
cant I use it with 0,01?

In Control Panel/Symbol min lots are set to 0,01 for EURUSD.

Thanks.

cant I use it with 0,01?

Yes, you can. It must work at the same way since you don't have set Minimum profit per day. If you have it set, it may not be able to make the profit with a smaller entry.

Generate Strategy with 0.01 lots entry

Entry amount was set to 0,01 - when I set it to 0,1 it really works.
cant I use it with 0,01?

If you are using Acceptance Criteria, remove "Minimum profit per day" option. Your strategy may not reach the required min profit because the entry amount is low.