forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Strategy Creation Guildelines

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Strategy Creation Guildelines

A short presentation showing some of the basic guidelines on how to create a strategy:
enjoy here

I would also like to hear your comments on how to make any future videos on FSB better.

Re: Strategy Creation Guildelines

I would like you to try to devise an affiliate URL so that we can tweet the videos and get credit for that........ I am pretty sure it is possible.

Thanks

daveM

Also, re the forum pages..... is it poossible that you can insert something on the pages so that we can go from page to page easily.  There are many great ideas in the forum, sometimes I like to go from page to page to see if anything I can use..... Having the facility to go to 'Next Page' would be most helpful.

Thanks for consideration

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

I would like you to try to devise an affiliate URL so that we can tweet the videos and get credit for that........ I am pretty sure it is possible.

Thanks

daveM

Also, re the forum pages..... is it poossible that you can insert something on the pages so that we can go from page to page easily.  There are many great ideas in the forum, sometimes I like to go from page to page to see if anything I can use..... Having the facility to go to 'Next Page' would be most helpful.

Thanks for consideration

daveM

-- about the affiliate thing I really can't think of an option to do it right off the bat
-- about the forum pages - can you give me an example how this is done in another forum?

I think you solved the affiliate link situation very effectively.

I am using it now.

Thank you.

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

5 (edited by mathimatikos 2015-01-11 11:49:59)

Let us suppose that I want to create a strategy to USDSEK H1 with historical data from Alpari since the beginning of 2013.
My problem is that Alpari does not provide enough data to cover this time interval with M30 M15 M5 and M1 data. What will happen then when I use FSB Pro with these incomplete data?
Also I think that there is an option but I cannot find it where somebody can use or not data from smaller time frames.

Personally I download my data manually one by one from MT4 using the old way with "Save as..."
from the File menu of MT4. Is this valid? Do these data have the csv format to be accepted from FSB Pro or the need some additional action?

Also I want to ask how can I use by default my Alpari data instead of FSB Data.

Also at the generator settings there is the option to search a strategy:
  Profit Factor
  System Quality Number
  Sharpe ratio
  Annualized Profit etc...
Where could I find some information which explains the meaning of these options?

Also I would like to ask if I ask my questions to the right place or there is an other place
in the forum to do so.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

Let us suppose that I want to create a strategy to USDSEK H1 with historical data from Alpari since the beginning of 2013.
My problem is that Alpari does not provide enough data to cover this time interval with M30 M15 M5 and M1 data. What will happen then when I use FSB Pro with these incomplete data?

FSB Pro will use the lowest available time frame to refine the backtest.  Normally there are no problems, if there is no shorter data. Eventually, you may receive higher number of ambiguous bars. You can use the Comparator tool to analyze such strategy.
By mastering FSB Pro, you'll find a way to make strategies without ambiguous bars. Then, you'll not need intermediate periods for backtesting.

Personally I download my data manually one by one from MT4 using the old way with "Save as..."
from the File menu of MT4. Is this valid? Do these data have the csv format to be accepted from FSB Pro or the need some additional action?

Saving data directly from a MT chart is a good practice. Actually, this is the only way to be sure that the data comes from your broker. The saved data format id fully compatible with FSB Pro.

Also I want to ask how can I use by default my Alpari data instead of FSB Data.

You can make  a separate Data Source for your Alpari data. This is the best practice for storing data from different brokers.

Profit Factor
  System Quality Number
  Sharpe ratio
  Annualized Profit etc...
Where could I find some information which explains the meaning of these options?

I bet the info is in the Generator article in the User Guide. See the 1.2 Generator Settings section.

Popov wrote:

Profit Factor
  System Quality Number
  Sharpe ratio
  Annualized Profit etc...

I bet the info is in the Generator article in the User Guide. See the 1.2 Generator Settings section.

Thank you very much.
About the Generation section the article explains the options
Net Balance   and
Win-Loss Ratio

So I try to find information about the rest of the options.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Strategy Creation Guildelines