forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional Goes Freeware

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder Professional Goes Freeware

Forex Strategy Builder Professional will be freeware.

It will provide the functionality of the legacy FSB and FST for unlimited time:
- manual strategy editor
- strategy generator
- optimizer
- strategy overview
- automatic trade

The additional functions (as Multi Markets, Monte Carlo, Portfolio...) will be available for the term of the trial period and later after purchasing of a full license.

Forex Strategy Builder Professional will be logical successor of current Forex Strategy Builder and Forex Strategy Trader.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional Goes Freeware

Makes sense, congrats.
When can we expect the additional features?
Have a nice day,
Nuno

Do you also plan to include features from Forex Strategy Builder I use every day, but are missing (or just hidden?) in Pro:
- Analyzer
- displaying Balance/Equity within Indicator and/or Balance Charts (terminology slightly differs in classic vs. Pro)
- Balance/Equity Chart from classic version (right mouseclick) - allowing its free move on display and window dimension changes

@bold, all the features of the old FSB are already available in the professional version. The professional version does also offer a few more extras like tabs and simultaneous strategy trading, compared to the old FSB.
I'd say it would be a great advantage to anyone who strts using the professional version since it is the only one that will be getting new features added to it.

@nquental
Pro (current state, already available for download) = new interface + a few new free extras (tabs, multiple strategies open at once) + ALL the functions from the old FSB and FST versions.
Pro also offers an additional set of features that will be accessible for 30 days and if you buy a license you will be able to use them for an unlimited period of time.

Said with a fewer words you will have more extras and features if you use the Pro version, no matter if you pay for it or no.

Hope I made things clear = )

@yavor99
Can you please help me to navigate to these 3 missing features in Pro? I went through all folders several times, but could not find none of them.

bold wrote:

Do you also plan to include features from Forex Strategy Builder I use every day, but are missing (or just hidden?) in Pro:
- Analyzer
- displaying Balance/Equity within Indicator and/or Balance Charts (terminology slightly differs in classic vs. Pro)
- Balance/Equity Chart from classic version (right mouseclick) - allowing its free move on display and window dimension changes

- Analyzer is replace by the more powerful Monte Carlo tests. The free FSB Analyzer is equal to only "Randomize indicator parameters" option in the new Monte Carlo. You have the same settings.

http://s14.postimg.org/i6jz14ye9/screenshot_634.png

- Balance Equity chart is on a separate subpage. If you want seeing the Balance/Equity lines for all subpages, use Portfolio panel. Balance / Equity lines are not currently available in the Indicator chart.

Popov wrote:

- Analyzer is replace by the more powerful Monte Carlo tests. The free FSB Analyzer is equal to only "Randomize indicator parameters" option in the new Monte Carlo. You have the same settings.

http://s14.postimg.org/i6jz14ye9/screenshot_634.png

- Balance Equity chart is on a separate subpage. If you want seeing the Balance/Equity lines for all subpages, use Portfolio panel. Balance / Equity lines are not currently available in the Indicator chart.

I can't see that window, is it already available?

Look in "Monte Carlo Tests" and "Options" folders . It is there, exactly as Mr. Popov wrote.

@Popov
ad. Analyzer.
Monte Carlo is definitely more powerful, but:
1. The chart in the original Analyzer helped me quickly and clearly see what individual indicators are over-optimized and what indicators overall are more or less robust. In Pro I cannot see this.
2. When using Monte Carlo in Pro, honestly, I do not understand much what most of parameters mean and how I should adjust them in order to provide optimal results. I also do not understand how to interpret the test chart and the stat data table and they should help me to improve the developer strategy. I tried to google some know-how concerning Monte Carlo, but I have not found any deeper information that would help me to understand terminology and method you implemented in FSB Pro.
Could you explain it shortly or send some useful links?

ad. Balance / Equity lines are not currently available in the Indicator chart.
I hope you plan to implement it in the future. This is another very important tool I use permanently - I can see in one complex chart how the strategy behaves and if signals perform exactly how I wanted.
(Btw., this complex chart also helped me much to detect the "winner-bug" in June: http://forexsb.com/forum/post/25392/#p25392)

Popov wrote:

Forex Strategy Builder Professional will be logical successor of current Forex Strategy Builder and Forex Strategy Trader.

I remember the beginning and early days of FSB and FST development smile It has been a tremendous evolvement indeed. Latest FSB Pro is far beyond my expectations. Several years ago I coudn't even imagine that I can run such a great software in my computer.

I think that it's reasonable to support and develope only one product.

Thanks!  This will allow me to try to make enough profit to pay for the full license! Best wishes for your future success!

Popov wrote:

Forex Strategy Builder Professional will be freeware....

The additional functions (as Multi Markets, Monte Carlo, Portfolio...) will be available for the term of the trial period and later after purchasing of a full license.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional Goes Freeware