forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Same pair short/long or different time frames

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by nquental 2014-08-05 10:27:05)

Topic: Same pair short/long or different time frames

Dear Popov

Oanda doesn't allow long and short positions open at the same time (in the same account). What happens if I have two strategies (one long only, another short only) trading at the same time? Similar question for time frames. Imagine I have a 1d and a 1h strategy running simultaneously for the same pair. What would happen?

The problem could arise from open trades by one strategy being closed by another, right?

Please elucidate. I wouldn't want to buy a 3rd FSB license smile)

Best wishes
Nuno

Re: Same pair short/long or different time frames

What product are you using? MT4 based products usually allow hedging features.
It can be a broker based restrictions. I reccomend to change to another broker.

I don't want to change broker, mine is a good one (oanda).
Do you know what could happen in the circumstances I described?

I suggest that you reach out to Oanda to be sure...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Nuno Nquental,

Hi, I use Oanda too, so hopefully I can help you with your question. Oanda does restrict hedging. So you cannot long and short on the same pair on the same account.

Therefore even if you have different time frame or different charts, as long as they are in the same account. Oanda would not let you long and short (and your strategies may just take position that cancels out each other) . This was changed during 2008 after the financial crisis as they are based in the US and the US disallowed it.

Anyway to get around it is to create a sub account. You can do so very easily from your account management. Have two MT4 run at the same time with 1 doing all the LONG and the other SHORT.

I hope this helps.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Same pair short/long or different time frames