Topic: One indicator crossing another

I want to test 2 different indicators crossing each other to start the trade on a tick starting point.  Can that be tested here? I would use a 3rd indicator to keep trade from bouncing between buys and sells once the criteria was met to start trade. Just checking   thanks   terry

Re: One indicator crossing another

I want to test 2 different indicators crossing each other

Yes, you can.

start the trade on a tick starting point

What is this?

When writing an EA, I have a choice whether to start on a by bar basis or I can enter immediately once trade criteria is met, with every movement on the market being a tick. It looks like FSB is set for bar trading only. So rather than waiting for a bar to start the trade, I can enter when the 2 lines cross each other, making the assumption here they are on the same scale.

FSB needs a predetermined entry price in the “Opening Point of the Position” slot. This can be an indicator (MA, BB, Fractal…) or specified time (Bar opening, Entry Hour…). I’ve not included an indicator crossover event to trigger a trade because the entry price is not clearly visible at once. It is somewhere inside the bar.

You can use a crossover as an entry filter (Opening Logic Condition). If you do that, the actual entry will happen at the price determined in the “Opening Point of the Position” slot.

Let’s see:

http://www.postimage.org/aVadvX0.png

Here the entry price is at Tenkan Sen. We have a long entry when Tenkan Sen crosses above the Kijun Sen and a short entry when Tenkan Sen crosses below the Kijun Sen.

It is not impossible to make FSB testing a crossover entry. To do so you have to make a custom indicator which interpolates the bars and writes the prices of crossover in two arrays: one for the long entry and another for the short entry.

Ok  thanks,          that helps me out quite a bit.   terry

Yes, it is possible. When once buy is going on another sell is on way than third indicator is suggest one method. So, this is useful for analytical reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forex : forexandpips.com and
Forex Trading : forexandpips.com

See this article about open at indicators crossover.