Topic: Using FSB Pro on a PC and a Laptop

Hi to all.

First post in forum. Sorry for my english.

I have a question. The promotional price for new FSB Pro is 50 % off and it says 1 PC license. My doubt is because I work sometimes in my desktop and sometimes in my laptop but never at the same time. With other program that I use its license allows me to work in one of them, disconecting me if accidentally I haven´t logout in the other one. Is this way of working posible with this kind of license or I need to buy two licenses?. This also allows change to a new computer in the future.

Great work behind this program, Popov and team. Congratulations!

Regards

Re: Using FSB Pro on a PC and a Laptop

I work sometimes in my desktop and sometimes in my laptop but never at the same time.

Please, send me an email with your order number. I'll manage your license accordingly.

This also allows change to a new computer in the future.

There is no problem if you want to change your machine. There is a Transfer option in the software.
The license must be deactivated first form the old machine and activated on the new one.
Once deactivated, the license cannot be activated again without support.

zenoni wrote:

I had to transfer licence each time while switching computers.

This is not a solution. The license transfer option will lock the computer being deactivated.
It is not fatal, but the unlocking needs a special attention.

You can activate FSB Pro with your license on two computers now.

Thanks for your quick reply

I send you a PM

Regards

Mr. Popov that means that anyway we have to contact you every time when we wish to use the laptop or the station, isn't it?

if it is so, it is not good because maybe you will answer in 1h, 1 day, 3 months or who knows, maybe never again.

I think normal is to have a bought license which is not addicted to any other person but only to the person who bought it and also to have the power to switch the license from a computer to another one without to need to connect to the internet, to contact another person, to wait, etc etc.

i find also not ok my software to be internet addicted. (I say just only preventive, I don't know if is addicted or not).

mentosan wrote:

Mr. Popov that means that anyway we have to contact you every time when we wish to use the laptop or the station, isn't it?

Popov wrote:

You can activate FSB Pro with your license on two computers now.

Here is your answer. wink

7 (edited by mentosan 2014-04-10 09:31:20)

there is also this:

"The license must be deactivated first form the old machine and activated on the new one.Once deactivated, the license cannot be activated again without support. "

Mentosan, FSB Pro needs internet only during the license activation.
After the activation it can work offline without limitations.

When a user installs FSB Pro on a new machine, it starts in a trail mode. If the user has a valid license code, he/she can activate it and FSB Pro changes over to "valid" mode. Activation requires internet validation only once. During the validation process, FSB Pro contacts the licensing service and checks if the license is valid and how many times it was validated. If it has reached a predefined limit (if it was installed on more machines that it's allowed), the license services refuses activation.

The standard license, a user buy, is designed to be activated on 1 machine. The licensing service of FSB Pro receives info for every next activation and notify me. I may refuse activation or even block a license of a user, who abuse the licensing agreement.

I also can set the service to allow more than one machine to be activated. I have to do it once, and when FSB Pro is activated, it can be used without limitations on all machines.

mentosan wrote:

When I make the appropriate changes, the user can switch between machines without further attention.

I think normal is to have a bought license which is not addicted to any other person but only to the person who bought it and also to have the power to switch the license from a computer to another one without to need to connect to the internet, to contact another person, to wait, etc etc.

There is a technology that allows using a licensed product on different machines. It's called "floating licensing". I did not use it because it requires constant internet connection. Such a license notifies the licensing service that is active and ask for validation at every 30 seconds (or other preset time interval).

i find also not ok my software to be internet addicted.

I also hate software  products that works only connected. I'll never do it on FSB.
This is the reason I do not use floating licensing.

mentosan wrote:

there is also this:
"The license must be deactivated first form the old machine and activated on the new one.Once deactivated, the license cannot be activated again without support. "

This refers to the "Transfer license" option.

It has to be used only once - when a user changes his machine permanently. 

http://s9.postimg.org/oy27kf1ej/screenshot_284.jpg

ok, now it is clear.

thanks

11 (edited by hannahis 2014-04-23 15:19:04)

May I know how long is the promotional price offer going to last?  Any dateline whereby I need to know before this offer expire? 

Sounds like a number of us work on desktop and laptop, one at home and another while traveling.  Is it possible to limit the license to 2 devices instead? 

Ideally, I would like to install the programme on my desktop which is designated for live trading and another to be installed in laptop or another device for me to develop my EA so that I would not accidentally "disrupt" my live trades or cause the programme to "hang" and hence put my opened trading position in perilous situation.

In order to prevent abuse, the licensee need to key in userid and password for activation and hence will not pass his/her password to others to prevent multiple users.  I think if you were to offer the liciensees at least 2 device to work on, you would resolve most of the inquiries and issues pertaining to the need to switch between devices which is really very troublesome for you and end users.  I do sincerely hope out of good will and in good faith, you would grant us 2 devices to work on.

May I know how long is the promotional price offer going to last?

I'm going to publish FSB Pro Release Candidate about the end of May. It will include all planed features of FSB Pro and will be at a new price. Probably 25% off - 358 EUR ($495).

Sounds like a number of us work on desktop and laptop, one at home and another while traveling.  Is it possible to limit the license to 2 device instead?

Yes. It will be done in that way. The Release Candidate will come with a Two PC license. Also all beta version licensees will be converted to 2 pc installations.

Thanks for your kind understanding to provide more than 1 PC for us to work with, now I don't have to worry of accidentally messing my trading position while developing my new EA.

14 (edited by hannahis 2014-04-23 16:31:57)

Any further discount for loyalty members who has been faithfully using this programme all these year wink

1) Is there any difference right now between the trial version and the full version if I purchase now?
2) I tried to use the optimizer feature but there isn't any new or optimized strategy outcome after the processes ended.  Did I missed something or the feature isn't working in the trial version but available in full version after payment or available in full version after the official launch?

1) Is there any difference right now between the trial version and the full version if I purchase now?

No difference.

2) I tried to use the optimizer feature but there isn't any new or optimized strategy outcome after the processes ended.

Go to Acceptance Criteria and set them to default.

http://s7.postimg.org/kxvo2bp87/screenshot_319.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/gnceszurb/screenshot_318.jpg

So Popov,

Is it better

a) I buy the FSB Pro now for 1 license?

b) Or do I wait for end of May to get FSB Pro Candidate for 2 license?

c) Or I buy FSB Pro now and get your help to activated it for 2 pc?

big_smile

a) is normal
b) is better for me
c) is better for you

Haha nice reply popov. Last question on this topic for me tho:

what is new in the pro candidate? and if I buy the FSB PRO now can I get it upgrade free to candidate?

what is new in the pro candidate?
- RC must contain all the features of the final release. It is practically a final release in presale or testing mode. It of course does not refer to me. I may add a new feature at 5 o'clock in the morning.

if I buy the FSB PRO now can I get it upgrade free to candidate?
- Of course and even more. It will be upgraded to RC and to the final release for all users, no matter if they have a valid license or not. The only difference is that the trial license will expire at some point and the program may stop or work with reduced functionality. The valid license will not expire until the end of the Time and the Universe (actually till 2034).

Nice.

Looks like I have one more question! it the free version of the strategy trader any different than that of the Pro in terms of taking trades? (I know I have to open multiple sessions to trade different strategies)

Looks like I have one more question!

Alleluia! It was soo only in this community..

it the free version of the strategy trader any different than that of the Pro in terms of taking trades?

The trades must be 100% equal. FSB Pro uses the same trading algorithm but rewritten in the context of FSB Pro.
FSB Pro trader is able to trade the new features that missing in the Free version - signal shift, signal repeat, Longer Time Frame (LTF), mult-symbol strategies...

There is one difference that may affect some indicators - FSB Pro loads so called "Recommended  chart bars" but FST loads bars for 2 days + 10 (minimum 300).

FSB Pro may load more bars if strategy requires it.

http://s7.postimg.org/jldz0frsn/screenshot_321.jpg

Hi Popov,

Thanks for the advise on the Optimizer, it's working now.

Since you can add features (as you wish), can you add in the following features:
1) To have trailing stop once a certain profit has been attained eg. kick in Trailing stop when trade is at 150 pts profit.
2) To add in profit protection, i.e. to protect profit if trade reached a certain set level, e.g protect profit=$100 when trade is more than 200pt etc

So ideally, if I'm have an open position right now at +200pt, I would like to protect my profit =100pt (if it dropped to 100pt, the trade closes) and start trailing at 200pt for a 50pts trailing stop.

Do you think you would add such features in future?

Thanks

Regards
Hannah

Can you make an "Early Bird" announcement at least 2 weeks before your official launch so that we will not miss out purchasing the FSB Pro at 50% discount? smile

Do you think you would add such features in future?

Post your requests in the Wish List topic. I'm checking it from time to time.

Can you make an "Early Bird" announcement at least 2 weeks before...

I'll announce it earlier, but I'm not sure it will be exactly 2 weeks. Working on plans is not my best side.