Re: Using FSB Pro on a PC and a Laptop

I have a question regarding the license , too .
I use for trading, both live and demo, a VPS.
The researches on new strategies for  MT4 and other platforms I do on a home workstation.
I do not use VPS to build new strategies, for obvious reasons.
How should I proceed in this situation?
1. To buy a license and install FSBPro on the workstation and on the VPS to use multiple instances of the FST?
2. Or should I install the FSB-Pro both on the workstation and on the VPS.
Then open two instances of the FSB-Pro on VPS  (one for live and one for demo) then using only function "trader".
And finally, to using  the home workstation for "builder" function.
In this latest version  how many licenses should I buy?

You need one license. If you wait for the RC release, it will come preset for 2 installations but it will be on a  higher price
If you buy a license now, you can send me an email, after the purchase, with your license name or email and I can manually allow second installation.

FSB Pro trader is better than FST, but it is still in beta stage. You have to test your strategy carefully on a Demo account before going live. You can also use FST, if your strategy doesn't contain some of the new features from FSB Pro.

28 (edited by B52 2014-04-25 07:48:54)

To be crystal clear: you recommend using the FSBPro on VPS ( for trading), even if I do not use the "builder" on VPS , because FSBPro is (will be ...) better than FST?

B52 wrote:

To be crystal clear: you recommend using the FSBPro on VPS ( for trading), even if I do not use the "builder" on VPS , because FSBPro is (will be ...) better than FST?

Yes, I do. FSB Pro trader is better than FST.

A . I did more tests but I have not noticed any difference between FST and the FSB-Pro/Trader.
Are you so kind as to explain  me in what way FSB-Pro/trader is better than FST ?

B. Regarding the benefits of the user who purchase a license:
1. What will be the product features at the time of his final release ? ((in addition to the ones it has now)
2. Did you plan to add new features in (let's say ...) 1 year after launch?
3. If someone  buy now a license (paying $ 300) will get he for free all new editions until the final version?
4. That  $300 buyer will receive for free all new versions that will occur in the future (let's say a number of years after the moment of final  release ...)?

A . I did more tests but I have not noticed any difference between FST and the FSB-Pro/Trader.
Are you so kind as to explain  me in what way FSB-Pro/trader is better than FST ?

FSB Pro trader and FST are designed to trade in the same way.  However FSB Pro trader is fully compatible with the new features FSB Pro provides.
A big advantage of FSB Pro trader is that it doesn't freeze when waiting for a MT4 response to come.
Since it holds all trading strategies, it can provide Start/Stop All Trades commands and other features we'll add later.
It loads and manages fx data better by providing the Recommended number of bars option.
There is better Autostart feature.
It is 100% compatible with the built strategies since both Builder and Trader shares same indicator files and strategy models.
MT4 has a newer data format. The current expert uses the old model, but we are working on implementing the new one. We never know when Metaquotes will make another big change like the change between Build 5xx and 6xx. We'll provide the new expert and dll for FSB Pro first.

1. What will be the product features at the time of his final release ? ((in addition to the ones it has now)

- a Looser adding mode,
- a guaranteed profit level to Break Even
- Tick backtest
- minor UI fixes

2. Did you plan to add new features in (let's say ...) 1 year after launch?

Yes, I do: Walk Forward Optimization

3. If someone  buy now a license (paying $ 300) will get he for free all new editions until the final version?

Yes. The license, a user can buy now will be valid for the RC and the Final version.

4. That  $300 buyer will receive for free all new versions that will occur in the future (let's say a number of years after the moment of final  release ...)?

Yes. A user will receive free updates for all new version for a period of minimum 1 year (more likely 2). And if I decide to make a newer major version, the current users will receive a discount for update.

@ Mr. Popov :  Thank you. Very useful infos. They help me to decide if I`ll buy a licence now , or later ( or never...lol...)

1.  I think it is better to put down all your clauses, conditions and terms down so that buyers can review the terms and conditions before they buy either the trial or the final version.  It does sound scary when things are not spelt out clearly and your message is rather tentatively 1 year or 2 years, etc.  Doesn't give buyer any confidence.

2.  Firstly I thought that the upgrades is free for life (not till 2024 etc).  And if the license purchase is valid for life, then upgrades suppose to be free too.

3.  Lastly, If you decided to charge for future upgrades (and I hope not), will it affect the efficacy of the old version.  Are buyers "forced" to upgrade and if they don't want to upgrade, will the old version become laggy and inefficient, or inaccurate etc (which render the old version obsolete?)

1.  I think it is better to put down all your clauses, conditions and terms down so that buyers can review the terms and conditions before they buy either the trial or the final version.

FSB Pro Comes with a license agreement. It is available for review during the installation of the program. Actually a user cannot install the program without accepting the License Agreement.

It does sound scary when things are not spelt out clearly and your message is rather tentatively 1 year or 2 years, etc.  Doesn't give buyer any confidence.

I do not have any limitations of posting updates to the software. You may check that I'm posting updates to FSB from 8 years. I may do the same for FSB Pro. However I'm not legally obliged to post any updates or upgrades to the software. You may check the license agreements of other products and you'll find the same.

Firstly I thought that the upgrades is free for life

Hmm. What commercial product you are using upgrades for free for ever? Word, Excel, Windows...?
Normally a user buy a particular version.. lets say MS Office 2003. But if a user wants MS Office 2010, he must purchase it separately.

And if the license purchase is valid for life, then upgrades suppose to be free too.

The purchased license is valid for live for the current beta version and for upcoming RC and the final version.
You'll be able to use the purchased software for ever since there is no upper limit neither in the license agreement nor in the software.

3.  Lastly, If you decided to charge for future upgrades (and I hope not), will it affect the efficacy of the old version.

This is funny. Are you seriously think, I'll post malicious updated to the older versions in order to make them "laggy and inefficient, or inaccurate etc"? I'll not do it.

Can I get a free backup license for laptop with regular license?

36 (edited by hannahis 2014-04-29 17:04:02)

Why do we ask questions about the FSB Pro in terms of number of authorized devices that can be installed and whether subsequent upgrades are free or not etc.  Obviously as buyers, we do want to know the product before we make our purchases.  if the License agreement can only be viewed after you made your purchase and only accessible during installation, then it's unavoidable that each people has their own perception of whether upgrades are free or not and would like to ask questions to clarify and surely the request for any possible ways to review and understand the terms and condition before purchase isn't wrong, right?

If we can review the license before buying, then we won't be asking so many questions for clarification and ask silly questions like free upgrades right? smile

Hmm...I thought my mobile phones, ipads and some apps do provide free systems upgrade smile

37 (edited by hannahis 2014-04-29 17:08:51)

This is funny. Are you seriously think, I'll post malicious updated to the older versions in order to make them "laggy and inefficient, or inaccurate etc"? I'll not do it.

Most likely you won't do that....

But my old iphone because laggy after the system updates from the old OS to the new OS and my Samsung Note 1's battery drained out very fast after the updates.....hmmm maybe that's why it is free upgrade.

Obviously as buyers, we do want to know the product before we make our purchases.  if the License agreement can only be viewed after you made your purchase and only accessible during installation,

hannahis, have you installed and tested FSB Pro beta?

If you have, you have already read and accepted the license agreement. You can find and review it again in your installation folder.
If you have not tested the program, you can do it free of charge for a period of 90 days and you don't need to buy before the test.
If you do not want to test the program and you are eager to buy it, I can send the license to you for revision.

But my old iphone because laggy after the system updates from the old OS to the new OS...

I think the key factor here is "my old iphone". The software goes ahead and most likely it needs more powerful hardware to run smoothly. Do you think we have stop developing new software because someone still using his old 386DX with 2 MB ram? I also think you have to refer to Apple support for this issue.

Everyone can switch off the autoupdate feature from Control Panel.

http://s7.postimg.org/uxv5vypvb/screenshot_335.jpg

A user receives one license code. This license code contains encrypted information about the licensee. The online service I'm using keeps records for the number of machines the license is activated.

You do not need a second license. If something happens and you lost your license before installing on the second machine, you can send me your order name and email and I'll reissue your license code.

I'll not leave a legitimate user incapable of using the software.

41 (edited by hannahis 2014-04-29 22:22:50)

Thanks Popov, it slipped my mind that I can review the license agreement via the method you suggested.

Am I interested to buy?  Sure I do!  In fact I just made my purchase smile  Just asking questions to clarify that's all. smile

You and your team have always show excellent support to answer all our enquiries (even silly ones like mine) and all these years, you and your team have put in so much hard work without any payment from us...it's only our duty now to purchase the FSB Pro to show our support and our appreciation for all that you have done.

In forex community, you and team have such high standard of integrity and pride in your product. 

Keep it up.  Very happy to join this community.

Popov wrote:

1) Is there any difference right now between the trial version and the full version if I purchase now?

No difference.

2) I tried to use the optimizer feature but there isn't any new or optimized strategy outcome after the processes ended.

Go to Acceptance Criteria and set them to default.

http://s7.postimg.org/kxvo2bp87/screenshot_319.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/gnceszurb/screenshot_318.jpg

Hi Popov,

I still encounter the same issue with the optimizer, that is there isn't any difference in the result before and after I started the process.

I did what you told every time when I use the optimizer, it worked for the 1st time but subsequently, I encountered that same old problem whereby no difference in the post results.

Thanks.  Is there an easy way of backing up development?

Popov wrote:

A user receives one license code. This license code contains encrypted information about the licensee. The online service I'm using keeps records for the number of machines the license is activated.

You do not need a second license. If something happens and you lost your license before installing on the second machine, you can send me your order name and email and I'll reissue your license code.

I'll not leave a legitimate user incapable of using the software.

I'm closing this thread because it goes off topic.

I think everything about using FSB Pro on two machines is clear.

Please post your questions in new topics.