1 (edited by zpoken 2013-12-06 16:17:16)

Topic: FST Problem with orders

I have a problem running on a 1 minute strategy. In the strategy one of the logics is to add only one order in a bar, but there seem to be a communication error somewhere so after the order is processed I think the FST is trying again, and again. Most of the time I end up with 2-3 orders instead of one. The account is a NDD Cent account.
Zpoken

Re: FST Problem with orders

There may be a problem with latency, delay between your computer and broker. I suggest that is first place to look

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks Blaiserboy. It looks like it works fine with the first and second orders adding, but from the third order the systems are too busy, because it sends the new order, but it also must rewrite the orders TP (basket TP)  for the previous, so it looks like FST is left out somehow and disconnected while Metatrader rewrites the previous orders. And the more orders before, the worse it will get. Because this is an ECN account the TP is set separately, which maybee gives more delays in the system. I am not shure how to get around this.

Post's attachments

FST1.JPG
FST1.JPG 39.25 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The fast time frames can cause huge problems because of delays on the net, I think you may find that unless you have minimum latency that you will be frustrated with the fast time frames.

You might consider 15 minutes or one hour.

You may be able to get around the problem using a higher 'slippage', I am not sure...

Sometimes the brokers have insufficient processing power, sometimes they have insufficient  capacity to absorb orders, sometimes they have inferior access to the internet...... there is no way for you to objectify what their situation is...... and there is no way that they will tell you what they are using to scam the trader...

These things you learn only from experience with each broker. Maybe you have to try a few brokers to see if you can eliminate some problems.

I wish I could solve the difficulty for you, there are many variables that you will have to examine.

I think you are quite right. I have accounts with several brokers so I might try my luck somewhere else. Although I can see that I have the same problem running on a 30 minute timeframe so its not really related to the low timeframe alone. But as you wrote, there are many variables.  I might try to change the slippage settings. Thanks for now!

:-)     It seems to be working with changing the FST setting from automatic slippage in the FST to a fixed value. I changed it to 3 pips. The ECN account moves very rapidly between 1 and 1,6 so there is a bit headroom with 3 pips to match. And it still looks like I get the orders within a much tighter spread. So I am happy!!  Thank you Blaiserboy!

So to understand why, is it fair to assume that when the FST sends the first order it is waiting for the Metatrader and servers to find a match within a tight spread, and when the FST can´t rekognize a succesful order within a certain time, it will send out one more request after some time (I am guessing about 10 seconds)?

zpoken wrote:

I have a problem running on a 1 minute strategy. In the strategy one of the logics is to add only one order in a bar, but there seem to be a communication error somewhere so after the order is processed I think the FST is trying again, and again. Most of the time I end up with 2-3 orders instead of one. The account is a NDD Cent account.
Zpoken

especially forex4you has high latency if this is the case

After some more hours trading like this I now have a better idea what is happening. It has little to do with the timeframe, but instead how many orders I have taken in advance. Because I have "add-order strategy" with fixed Take Profit for all the orders together in a group, the systems have to send and rewrite TP for ALL the orders already taken everytime a new order is added. This is going very slow in the Metatrader system, and while it processes, the FST completyly loses connection wth the Metatrader. When the last TP have been changed, the FST and Metatrader connects again. And with just a few orders and a small delay, it will give one type of a problem, and with long delay there will be other problems.

zpoken wrote:

After some more hours trading like this I now have a better idea what is happening. It has little to do with the timeframe, but instead how many orders I have taken in advance. Because I have "add-order strategy" with fixed Take Profit for all the orders together in a group, the systems have to send and rewrite TP for ALL the orders already taken everytime a new order is added. This is going very slow in the Metatrader system, and while it processes, the FST completyly loses connection wth the Metatrader. When the last TP have been changed, the FST and Metatrader connects again. And with just a few orders and a small delay, it will give one type of a problem, and with long delay there will be other problems.

Take profit and adding orders to open position is a bad combination for FST. It is slow and it can result in closing position when in loss. perhaps you could cancel TP in FST and use some external tool to control TP.
I mean the tool that will not adjust TP each time you add to position but monitor overall profit and close the basket of trades at defined profit.

Yes togr, you are right about that. I have tools to do that, and have tried it allthough I think it gives similar problems while the other expert is processing many orders it disconnects the FST....I think. I can let the other expert just take basket profit without putting TP , but I am a person that likes to put the TP and SL on the servers so if there is a loss in connection or my computer go down, there is always that safety. . Thanks for suggestions! I will keep trying.

zpoken wrote:

Yes togr, you are right about that. I have tools to do that, and have tried it allthough I think it gives similar problems while the other expert is processing many orders it disconnects the FST....I think. I can let the other expert just take basket profit without putting TP , but I am a person that likes to put the TP and SL on the servers so if there is a loss in connection or my computer go down, there is always that safety. . Thanks for suggestions! I will keep trying.

The thing is that the tool I think about does not edit TP for each single position.
Which would cause the FST disconnection.
Instead it monitors if basket profit reach given value and than close all trades at once.

Yes Togr, I have a couple of experts that can do that (Equity Sentry for instance) but I just like to put TP on the server in case of problems on my side.

togr wrote:

Take profit and adding orders to open position is a bad combination for FST. It is slow and it can result in closing position when in loss.

Let me rephrase this - it is bad for MT! FST is great speedwise, but MT is the bottleneck, it even stops ticks when request is made to MT.

Zpoken, you are doing great research! Thank you!

Hi,
I have another kind of problem with FST.
Occasionally (3 times so far in 2 weeks) , FST launches 0.01 lot orders instead of the correct volume ones.
When this error occurs, the time of launch order is correct, but the volume is wrong (the correct value is always replaced with 0.01 lot).
My EA's are not using functions like "adding" , "reduce" or trailing stops .
In these circumstances, I did not dare to use FST for live transactions. Unfortunately ...
PS : (The incidents occurred on a demo account opened at Alpari RU)

B52 wrote:

Hi,
Occasionally (3 times so far in 2 weeks) , FST launches 0.01 lot orders instead of the correct volume ones.
When this error occurs, the time of launch order is correct, but the volume is wrong (the correct value is always replaced with 0.01 lot).
In these circumstances, I did not dare to use FST for live transactions. Unfortunately ...

Do you have journal screenshots for those? I think it would be good to have them from both FST and MT.

B52 wrote:

Hi,

is it martingale strategy?

17 (edited by B52 2013-12-16 17:48:30)

@ footon : Just now I do not have jurnal screenshots , but I`ll do few to the next occasion .
@togr : Yes . My impression is that it's something about martingale, too.
I will be attentive to this issue  when such unpleasant problems will occur .
PS: However, not  all strategies that use martingale this error occurs...And errors do not occur every time .

@footon : I found a recording of  MT jurnal , today morning
http://s10.postimg.org/pwxokuyyt/FSBforum1.jpg

19 (edited by B52 2013-12-16 23:28:01)

@ togr : I found this : v3MT4-FST Expert Martingale
Can you be so kind to explain me how this stuff works ? TIA

20 (edited by B52 2013-12-17 08:11:03)

@footon : Please look at the following pictures . (The most recent FST volume error)

http://s23.postimg.org/5skkhrbg7/FSBforum2.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/bcoa2owi3/FSBforum3.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/dz3aidgif/FSBforum4.jpg
In this case I do not see any connexion with martingale...

Do you use martingale function in your strategy or not?

B52 wrote:

@footon : I found a recording of  MT jurnal , today morning
http://s10.postimg.org/pwxokuyyt/FSBforum1.jpg

How much slippage have you allowed for each of those pairs...?

23 (edited by B52 2013-12-17 21:25:12)

footon wrote:

Do you use martingale function in your strategy or not?

Yes Sir ! As you can see in picture no 3 ,
"No averaging is alloved "
" No modifications of the present position is alloved" ,
"Always trade a constant number of lots" ,
"Opening of a new position=0.1 lots"
"Apply Martingale ...of 2.00"

But , in my oppinion , there are no reasons that FST to open a new position with 0.01 lots instead of 0.1 lot. I do not discuss here about Martingale progression ( 0.1 / 0.2/ 0.4 /0.8 /1.6 etc ) .
My question was " Why FST randomly order opening 0.01 volume orders, as long as no EA does not use this setting? (minimum lot is 0.1)

did u check all of your settings in FST?

Blaiserboy
How much slippage have you allowed for each of those pairs...?

Not sure if I correctly understood your question .
I`m using an ECN broker .I do not know how could I choose or limit the slippage .
Are you so kind to develop this idea?
How can influence the slippage volume of orders issued by the FST?