1 (edited by Sardo Numpsa 2013-08-04 07:05:37)

Topic: New here, few questions

Hi,

Long time equity swing "trader", decided to throw in the towel and try my hand at trend following,

I have some questions:,

1. I am running Windows XP (on a VM) and when I try login into the Strategy Builder I get an error that he custom indicators cannot be loaded because I need .net 3.5 or higher. I have installed .net 4.0 which I believe is the most recent version compatible with XP, and can see the 4.0 directory in the framework directory, but still getting the error.

2. If I can't fix this, the application still loads but do you think I will have more problems with other features of the application?

3. Has anybody backtested DIBS using this software?

4. Is fixed fractional position sizing possible?

Thanks

Re: New here, few questions

Oh, actually I am not new here, I made some posts a while back, not idea what they were regarding.

5. Is there a way to set the stop loss as the low of the reference bar? i.e. the bar which gave the signal to enter the trade.

.NET 3.5 is an incremental update to v.2. It's not the same as 4.0. You can download it from here: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

FSB works perfectly fine on Windows XP.

i am working on xp and i didnt see  any problem. only out of memory and i know the reason.
i think,wm is your problem. try install pn normal xp.