Topic: Strategy as indicator

The export function is great and works fine if the exported strategy is generated on a higher TF and used on a lower TF. But if the same timeframe is used, its working cannot be described as logical - original strategy's transfer points are allowances for position openings in the exported indicator! That's not good. Are there fixes or workarounds for this kind of issue?

Re: Strategy as indicator

Footon, can you please make a sketch of what you mean?

A sketch coming up:

http://s13.postimg.org/k39fitemb/static.jpg

The upper part is the original strategy, signal is given at 23:35, minutes of 36,37,38 are transfers and closing at 38.

The lower part is the static indicator of the strategy. Minutes of 36,37,38 are marked as allowances for position openings.

My statement: transfers should not be regarded as allowances for position openings if the exported strategy is used on the very same TF it was created.

I understand what you mean.

Can you set Bar Closing exit to the strategy before exporting it to static indicator? Does it fix the problem?

The idea behind export is that the resulting static indicator will give Long signal for all bars where the initial strategy has long positions and Short signal for all short position bars.

Popov wrote:

I understand what you mean.

Can you set Bar Closing exit to the strategy before exporting it to static indicator? Does it fix the problem?

Theoretically speaking, if I change the exit, I won't accomplish my goal as results might be skewed. The more trades there are - the bigger deviation from the actual strategy occurs. I'll check the numbers, then the error rate can be established.

Popov wrote:

The idea behind export is that the resulting static indicator will give Long signal for all bars where the initial strategy has long positions and Short signal for all short position bars.

That's the problem big_smile It makes perfect sense if the static indi is used on a smaller TF than it was created, in my case the same TF is used.

EDIT: I get 54% increase in trades when Bar Closing is used.

I love FSB! I love how its limitations bring out inspiration to overcome the same limitations. big_smile

At first I thought editing the trade list manually, taking out the transfers, but it's dreadful stuff, takes hours and you can literally feel getting dumber after every deleted row. Then I turned to spreadsheet after staring FSB's trade journal. A bit of searching for know-how (I'm not a particular fan of spreadsheets wink ), and voila! The learning and the data editing took less than 10 minutes! Sorted!

Thanks, Miro! You are one clever man to make one think more, hence making one smarter big_smile

editing took less than 10 minutes! Sorted!

Garrr. It must not take 10 minutes. We can add an option in the exported Static Indicator whether it has to allow signals on all bars with positions or only on entries.