Topic: Use a custom indicator with pre-existing values

Hello!
Is it possible to load in FSB a custom indicator whose values are previously obtained and not calculated on the fly? For example, I wanted to use VIX and A/D to trade SP500 (daily time frame). Is it possible?
Thanks
Nuno

Re: Use a custom indicator with pre-existing values

You can.
Read more about Exporting a Strategy as an Indicator.
This feature generates a static indicator with predefined values. You can use similar format to present your values. This static format is useful only for backtesting.

Popov wrote:

You can.
This feature generates a static indicator with predefined values. You can use similar format to present your values. This static format is useful only for backtesting.

So you're saying that I should add a new instrument (VIX for example) and then export is as a custom strategy right?  But that way I would not be able to optimize the VIX values right?

nquental wrote:
Popov wrote:

You can.

So you're saying that I should add a new instrument (VIX for example) and then export is as a custom strategy right?  But that way I would not be able to optimize the VIX values right?

Humm I think it's not possible. According to the documentation, "The exported strategy becomes a static filter, meaning that the signals cannot change after we save it." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want to make strategy trading on some symbol and at the same time load VIX as a data series - it's not possible in FSB, since it loads only one symbol.
This will be possible in FSB Pro.

The only possibilities is to integrate VIX as a static data in a indicator and to use it for backtesting.

Thanks, I'll maybe change to pro then tongue

Popov wrote:

If you want to make strategy trading on some symbol and at the same time load VIX as a data series - it's not possible in FSB, since it loads only one symbol.
This will be possible in FSB Pro.

The only possibilities is to integrate VIX as a static data in a indicator and to use it for backtesting.

Do you have an idea when a beta version would be available?