Topic: Strategy Repository

Please test and report bugs and ideas = )
http://forexsb.com/repo/index.php/upload/list_all
To-do list:

• Add description to strategy when uploading

• Page for each strategy with desription

• API to up/download strategy files directly from FSB

Re: Strategy Repository

Well done Dopamine!
It's a good start. We can use MT or FluxBB repos for examples.
I also think that we have to add categories. For example, Strategies, Indicators, Plugins

We have to add some stats info in the strategy XML file. For example: Net Balance, Win/Loss, Sharpe...
These stats params to be parsed from the Repo during upload and to be shown on strategy detail page.

Image upload can be added also. For example balance chart screenshot for the strategies and indicator chart for the indicators.

Each upload has to have link to a particular forum topic for discussion. Also list of comments can be shown below the details page. Something like the Mobile forum shows latest comments.

I have some more ideas:

1. To have a dedicated forum for the repo. Let say "Code Base". Users will not be able to open topics directly there, but by uploading a strategy to the repo a new topic to be automatically open. This will be a comment track for the upload.

2. FSB to save meta data in the strategy XML file: account statistics and balance chart data. These data to be parsed from repo script. Repo to show the statistics and chart in the detailed page.

A detailed page idea:
http://i.imgur.com/YZJ1U.png

The new Forex Strategy Builder v2.74 writes meta data in the strategy file. These data are ready for importing from the Repo.

Please try the repo and send us your opinion.
Dopamine is working on it and will respond to your questions.

Added

• Equity / Balance lines graph

• Download counter

• Disqus comments

• Only Author and Admins can delete a files

Coming soon:

• Update strategy

• Voting for strategies

added Update strategy
fixed design a little bit
Please test  and comment here wink

Thank you Dopamine.

To do:

On index page:
- period to be shown with text instead of a number:

1 - M1
     5 - M5
    15 - M15
    30 - M30
    60 - H1
   240 - H4
  1440 - D1
 10080 - W1

- strategy performance to be shown:

<AccountBalance>140175.00 USD</AccountBalance>
  <ProfitPerDay>16.35 USD</ProfitPerDay>
  <WinLossRatio>0.36</WinLossRatio>

On detail page:
- show some author's info
- possibility and button "Edit" for description only.
- show strategy slots (indicators) (can be in a separate tab)
- show tables with stats data.  (can be in a separate tab)

I am currently rewriting the Repo using Symfony2. It getting much better much faster :}

here's a nice beautiful screenshot for you
http://i.imgur.com/02Sl67l.jpg
+ sorting by Creation time,  Symbol, Period, Downloads, Views, Votes
+ Seach engine optimised URLs

need to add a few more features and will be uploading it. Feel free to add files to the current Repo, I will keep them in the new version :}

I think this REPO URL should appear on each page pf the forum so people can easily locate it and use the contents.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

It is appearing already in the menu above. Where do you mean we should put it? Maybe the header? Together with the

"Home Forex Software Download Documentation Forex Forum"

links?
Would also be nice to have a link to repo on the Download FSB page. So people can see they can download/upload strategies for free for this software, that the newbies are not "alone in the dark" wink
I should give it a thought and discuss with Mr. Popov smile Thanks for your idea!

12 (edited by Blaiserboy 2013-02-22 06:30:21)

just somehow make it prominent so that people are able to see it...... increase usage of the software.

'Samples, 'Try these examples', 'Experiment with these'

I can see that the number of users or rather the lifetime of a user is limited as not all people can catch on as to how to benefit from the software.

I would like to see the 'family' grow so as to see the software develop further.

I will (when I'm finished with the programming) re-upload all xml-s I can find in the forum to the repo, then set the author connnected to the strategy to the user who uploaded them so they will still belong to the users who uploaded them. That way we will have a proper list of strategies ready to try out, vote upon etc.

Good idea? I think so smile

If you'd like to help it'd be OK too. For example -- digg out the posts where users have shared a strategy as XML and post a list here smile

I wonder also if there should not be a mailing list prepared that would update people as to the recent significant developments.  delete this post if inappropriate for here.

I think to add a section of FSB Pro that will show lists of custom code available in the repo: Strategies, Indicators, Custom stats...

I wonder also if there should not be a mailing list prepared that would update people as to the recent significant developments.

Home page of FSB Pro can show news and updates as well as recent forum topics, New help articles...

Possibly this is a useful spot in FSB Pro for use of the AddIn functionality.

There may be a way to build an AddIn into the application that allows strategies to be opened directly from within FSP Pro rather than by downloading the file and then using the built-in File ... Open Strategy functionality.

There may be a way to build an AddIn into the application that allows strategies to be opened directly from within FSP Pro rather than by downloading the file and then using the built-in File ... Open Strategy functionality.

FSB Pro can easily download strategy xml code from the repo and to open it in a new tab. Program may mark it unsaved (with asterisk). User can test it and if he/she wants, can Save As it on his computer.

That is great ... I hadn't tried to open one from the repo with FSB Pro.

That is great ... I hadn't tried to open one from the repo with FSB Pro.

We have to discuss with Dopamine a proper communication interface first. But it is fully doable.

http://repo.forexsb.com/

It's definitely NOT completed but took some time to upload the new version

I see there is sort by Vote. Is this Discus stars or something other?

22 (edited by yavor99 2013-02-22 20:33:27)

Get on skype please wink

P.S.
Sort by votes so I can easily add the voting system later, doesn't work atm (I will hide the link until I'm ready)

23 (edited by yavor99 2013-02-22 20:35:12)

added in repo.forexsb.com so far

• sorting list of strategies

• paginated the list (you will able to see it when there are more than 50 wink )

• automatic check if file is unique

• automatic check check if file has unique title

• download strategy

• repo integrated with forum's database

• got the repo to work on a subdomain (had some problems with the cookies)

• remove strategy (only admins and owner of strategy can remove)

• proper titles of pages

• feedback messages, when needed - on upload success, delete success etc.

• now counting views of page

• counting downloads per file

To be added:

• !!! check if XML file is a real strategy

• Possible manual update of strategy (re-upload xml and update data in database)

• Let user edit description

• voting

Get on skype please

I'll be frequently on Skype as Popov.FSB. Everyone who wants to discuss development process of website and FSB / FST is welcome. No support topics!!!

This is an amazing addition.....  Thanks for all your work!