Topic: Backtest failure

I have a strategy but the MT4 strategy tester fails because there are not enough bars.

How do I solve this problem?

Re: Backtest failure

MT tester is not relevant in regard to FSB/FST project, you backtest and develop strats with FSB and trade them on MT via FST, that's it.

Ok, is there any way to export this strategy as an ex4 file?

Sure, code it in mq4 and compile it and there you have ex4.

How do I compile? I searched for it and I cannot find the button or link anywhere.

MT compiles automatically, if you have the strat in mq4 coded, you put it in expert folder and start up MT (assuming it is the EA you want). Manual way is to hit compile button in Metaeditor (if you already coded it you should have done it already to make sure code works).

I see, the problem with this EA is that it requires more than 400 bars to trade, that's the minimum it accepts.

I try all options, all time frames, it has thousands of bars, but the EA still does not trade.

I also edited that option to 100 instead of 400 but it still insists on the 400 minimum.

Based on my experience FST is not very good....

xredburn wrote:

I see, the problem with this EA is that it requires more than 400 bars to trade, that's the minimum it accepts.

I try all options, all time frames, it has thousands of bars, but the EA still does not trade.

I also edited that option to 100 instead of 400 but it still insists on the 400 minimum.

Based on my experience FST is not very good....

There has to be something wrong with your EA then.

Regarding FST, sure there are problems but tell me where there's none. If you have FST problems, I'm quite confident you run into problems with other EAs also. Many issues arise not from EAs, but from the platform and broker - MT is quite bad, and if your broker likes to play dirty games, you have trouble guaranteed.

I use Iron FX. Always works fine with other robots. It's just the FST robot that does not work. It says it loads only 101 bars when it needs 400 bars at least. That's all I know

Can you tell me what is wrong?

It's the same thing for all robots using FST

In FST if you go to Trade Settings you can increase the number of loaded bars.

Here is exactly what is happening:

2013.01.25 20:00:18    1989.08.28 00:00  MT4-FST Expert EURUSD,Daily:
Cannot load enough bars! The expert needs minimum 400 bars for this time frame.
Please load more data in the chart window and restart the expert.
2013.01.25 20:00:18    1989.08.28 00:00  MT4-FST Expert EURUSD,Daily: There isn't enough bars. FST needs minimum 400 bars for this time frame. Currently 101 bars are loaded.
2013.01.25 20:00:18    1989.08.28 00:00  MT4-FST Expert EURUSD,Daily: MT4-FST Library version 1.5 loaded successfully.
2013.01.25 20:00:18    1989.08.28 00:00  MT4-FST Expert EURUSD,Daily: MT4-FST Expert version 1.17 was started. An environment test is running...
2013.01.25 20:00:18    MT4-FST Expert inputs: Connection_ID=0; Protection_Min_Account=0; Protection_Max_StopLoss=0; Expert_Magic=20011023;
2013.01.25 19:59:37    TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.43768 at 2011.04.12 00:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.43770 mismatches)

What should I do? I even tried to change the EA code manually, the value that is 400 I changed to 100 and less but the same problem persists.
I am not sure if this is a FST bug, FSB bug or MT4 bug, if I am doing something wrong.

Can you post the strategy file and I will check it out.

Pedro, initially I thought you are trying just an EA, now I see that you are struggling with FST-EA, and the main problem is that you are opening it in MT strategy tester... There's your problem mate, it doesn't work that way, STOP messing around with MT strategy tester and FST-EA. Like I posted in post #2, you test the strats in FSB and TRADE using FST and its EA, FST-EA is the bridge between FST and MT in its widest sense, nothing more and nothing else. I do hope I understood you correctly and you understand me.

Ok footon let's hope the FSB backtest is really that accurate.

I will see if the robot trades anything next week.

Thank you.

xredburn wrote:

Ok footon let's hope the FSB backtest is really that accurate.

Well, MT tester doesn't even come close to FSB, with MT you hope but with FSB you KNOW! Quite a difference, isn't it? Of course you need to be somewhat skilled to make the most of FSB capabilities but that's expected. Does MT tell you about the interpolation method? Does it mark the bars where backtest might not be accurate? The answers are NO, but with FSB you know every step of the way.

Did you know that FSB was born because of MT?