Topic: FSB - Several questions
I optimize strategy using H1 data and I completely removed Intrabar data.
1. After running Scanner I still see that scanning is not accomplished.
2. I have data for all available timeframes - M1 - D1.
At some point I want to use only H1 and M30 with intrabar - how can I disable the rest without fisically removing other data-files?
3. During optimization I set number of parameters - min/max/step.
At some point (very often) I close optimizer in order to save strategy (FSB crashing sometimes..),
but when I re-open optimizer I see that all my parameters were removed..
EACH TIME I NEED TO DEFINE EXACTLY THE SAME - AGAIN AND AGAIN.
- How to instruct FSB to keep my parameters? I know better what are desired limits.
4. There are hard limits for SL / TP / BE with max value of 400 pips.
I don't want to limit optimizer by 400 pips of Profit, but I want to be able to optimize it.
- How can I remove your limits and use mine? (TP=2000 pips)
- Why FSB need to limit traders? (there other parameters too). Todays PC-s are strong enough.
5. In the generator's window there are lock and chain - what exactly they mean?
6. I tried to optimize Donchian with a step of 5 from 5 to 200 (your HARD LIMIT AGAIN! Why?).
As result I've got a value of "[5" , which is bug.
I just found out that it happens with step=1 too. New values will be accepted,
but result will be different and absolutely wrong.
Just a guess (not 100% sure) - it might happen if periods of two Donchians are optimized in parallel.
7. Some explanations are not clear at all.
For example, opening condition for Donchian: "Enter long at the upper band"
- What does it mean exactly? Cross? Bar open/close above/touch?
Or "The bar opens below the upper band" - there many bars open below the upper band.
And so on. If possible - please, make them more clear.
8. There are two possibilities when we open new position - use fixed lots or certain percentage.
- How to optimize lots for new orders in case when we use lots?
- Where to set desired percent if for example we need to limit 2% risk for each trade?