forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Hi I am getting an Unhandled Exception Error Help Please

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by dr.B 2012-03-01 10:09:50)

Topic: Hi I am getting an Unhandled Exception Error Help Please

hi
I am trying to modify the Envelopes indicator.  I have added  a second MA. I used the  two MA's to create a price range ( High and Low).  Subsequently I replaced the current envelope by a new one, formed by  adding to top and subtracting from bottom  the  % deviation from current range ( range formed by the two MA's).  I basically ended up with a new envelope.  The FSB accepted it fine, but when I try to sue it in the strategy, I now get an 'Unhandled Exception Error' !! I have no idea how to deal with sad  Please Help !
Thanks
ps
Wow who new that writing a computer code can be so frustrating lol  smile

Post's attachments

Dr.B Double MA Envelopes V1.cs 30.31 kb, 19 downloads since 2012-03-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Hi I am getting an Unhandled Exception Error Help Please

Hi Dr.B,
Totally agree, so frustrating. I'm just learning but from a quick glance you have the following set expecting 6 components when there are only 5.
// Saving the components
            Component = new IndicatorComp[6];
Tested OK with the "Check the Custom Indicators" option and with the following but haven't tested it fully at all settings:
// Saving the components
            Component = new IndicatorComp[5];
Hope that's the answer
Mick

Thanks for your reply,
however that was the part of the original programming and changing that made no difference sad

Jagmanmick wrote:

Hi Dr.B,
Totally agree, so frustrating. I'm just learning but from a quick glance you have the following set expecting 6 components when there are only 5.
// Saving the components
            Component = new IndicatorComp[6];
Tested OK with the "Check the Custom Indicators" option and with the following but haven't tested it fully at all settings:
// Saving the components
            Component = new IndicatorComp[5];
Hope that's the answer
Mick

It works on my end... However, I made few changes:

Line 172 - shift value not correct;
176,177 - price not defined correctly (don't ask my why, I can't explain big_smile ).

double[] adMAFir = MovingAverage(iNFirMA, iSFirMA, FirMAMethod, High);
          double[] adMASec = MovingAverage(iNSecMA, iSSecMA, SecMAMethod, Low);

Define price some other way, you'll have baseprice option working.

double[] adMAFir = MovingAverage(iNFirMA, iSFirMA, FirMAMethod, Price(FirPrice));
            double[] adMASec = MovingAverage(iNSecMA, iSSecMA, SecMAMethod, Price(SecPrice));

This works.

footon wrote:
double[] adMAFir = MovingAverage(iNFirMA, iSFirMA, FirMAMethod, Price(FirPrice));
            double[] adMASec = MovingAverage(iNSecMA, iSSecMA, SecMAMethod, Price(SecPrice));

This works.

well don't know what happened, i restarted FSB  and it seems to work now
thanks guys for helping... don't yet know if its accurate but  enjoy  the indicator.  if you find a good combo please share  smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Hi I am getting an Unhandled Exception Error Help Please