Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Is it possible to introduce in FSB some kind of factor or ratio that would measure impact of parameter change of strategy components on its overall performance.

We'll do this. But this parameter cannot be calculated instantly. Actually it must change every parameter of the strategy and to compare the resulting balance with the original one. These are lot of calculations. It will be a separated module that will measure the over-optimization rate.

Hi to all FSB developers!

Can you add please to strategy statistics report "Maximum consecutive wins/losses" (like MT4 has in its report)?

Thank You all in advance!

Hi all, I have two suggestions that might be usefull.

1. Would it be possible to develop the Break Even funktion from FST in FSB?

2. To be able to combine a Trailing Stop with other Closing Logic Conditions. Now it looks like that if Trailing Stop is chosen as Closing Point of the Position no other colsing condition can be added.

By adding those functions i believe FSB could create even greater strategies.

Dear Popov
i have a requist that will motivate all people here to build and share there works
the idea is to build a Grid to show the saved strategies with all its results and from that grid we can compare our strategies in easy way and also to upload our strategies directly from that grid to FSB website
Attached here pictures shows my idea
wish to be a useful one

Regards

http://s2.postimage.org/PU_L0.jpg

http://s2.postimage.org/PV2f9.jpg

In strategy limitations we have Max DD%  , and for example if i select 10% and i lost 5 trades in row so i will lose arround 40% of my account  So by adding Max Consecutive loss as a filter will enhance the strategies results and make the growth Come in a consistant way

Regards

To be able to minimize the Generator window when scan to be able to use my desktop at the same time

http://s2.postimage.org/Q5_xi.jpg

Close by % Equity Gain;
Close by Equity Gain Amount

Proposed by Xionanx.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

To be able to minimize the Generator window when scan to be able to use my desktop at the same time

You may use "Show Desktop" windows option.

Popov wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

You may use "Show Desktop" windows option.

Many Thanx but as you know when using this option the software keep shows itself again when i switch between tasks iam doing !!

Many Thanx but as you know when using this option the software keep shows itself again when i switch between tasks iam doing !!

You are right actually. I'll try to find some solution.

I wish to add a pause botton beside stop in the generator ( because some times i need to use the labtop in the middle of scanning so i have to stop the whole process ) so this function will save hours of scanning

Regards

I wish to add a pause button beside stop in the generator

You may stop the generator. After that if you remove the check box from the "Generate new strategy", it will continue. It's same like pause. Moreover, you can use this to change some parameters of the Generator.

63 (edited by dino2007 2010-09-17 13:39:24)

Would it be possible for FSB to generate optimization reports like in Tradestation or even in Metatrader. Perhaps in spreadsheet format. Those reports are very useful when we compare how different parameters performed.

Also, report on OOS net profit performance would be very useful for each parameter.

Thanks.

Idea for generator:

When we lock the generator slots we fix the indicator parameters  so if i locked MA20 it will still MA20

my idea is to make generator search with in all locked indicators condetions

regards

Here is another idea for the generator.

Today it is possible to set the generator not to change the permanent stop loss and protect profit.

It would be a great feature to be able to set a maximum stop loss or protect profit. This way the generator could change the SL and/or protect profit up to a predefined value.

Have a great weekend!

Hey For All
most of time we forget to thank popov for his hard and smart work and only keep asking for a new features and indicators   So Many thanx in advance for popov , and as a wise words in our arabian countries "" a man who donot thanks people is a man who donot thanx god '' So again Thanx popov

And this is my new feature request for today  smile

regards

If we have a portfolio scan option will be a very good tool , i think finding strategy gives a result accross more than one currency pair and more than time frame will be more effective and we will have more diversty over our equities

Regards

http://s3.postimage.org/T5y59.jpg

Adding % option To take profit and stop loss will be a good tool that eleminate strategies with Stop loss greater than the take profits

69 (edited by Spy'n'Trade 2010-12-10 12:06:31)

Continuing to discover FSB:

About Generator/Optimizer:
- when generating a system, Permanent SL/TP can be found, but they are not modified if we run optimization then, might be done.
- would like to be able to set Permanent SL/TP as % too
- would like to be able to set a max drawdown as %
- Generating/Optimizing Money-Management is missing (increase/decrease factor not updated)

By the way, FSB is the best project i've ever found and it already give amazing results, many thanks to dear Popov & his team, best wishes you all.

Can you add money management option?

I would like to make a few feature requests, but before I do, let me add that I am also a c# programmer and more than willing to help implement them.

The main one would be setting constant TP and SL as a percentage of account balance instead of pips.  I would also love to see a strategy scanner that would work similarly to the generator except it would scan through a series of saved strategies and find the most optimal for a given pair, time frame, and time period.

Thanks
-Allen

Run FSB on a subset of Opening Point of the Positions For example, I do NOT want FSB to select the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, but only select other opening points available, (Previous Bar, Opening Bar, etc.)

Thanks for this useful software.

It would be great if we can group the indicators as we want, like trend indicators group and oscillators group. And users can generate a strategy with more flexibility if they can choose on the parameters like choose two random indicators from the trend group and one from the oscillators.

Also rather than switching between generated strategies using CTRL+H and J, could you please make them listed in a window so that we can choose from there.

Thank you.

Implement in the journal whether a position was closed by a Closing Point Price, Take Profit Price or Take Loss Price

Implement a way to import all developed strategies into a combined portfolio to generate a "mutual fund" of strategies, and then calculate the performance of several strategies traded as one over the same course of time.