forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Martingale not working

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-05 06:28:57)

Topic: Martingale not working

Hello guys
In the strategy condition i enable martingale, yet when i change the value double , triple , etc the balance equity does not change

Re: Martingale not working

It works fine. You probably have limited lot sizes, so it cannot martingale the position sizes.

3 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-07 05:53:40)

Thanks for the reply , but i have the right settings:
https://i.postimg.cc/4mg2qf6s/marti.jpg

Please read carefully what I said: lot sizes. But you are showing me martingale multiplier. I repeat - l o t   s i z e.

Additionally you are using "add" and "reverse" functions, which also affect the use of martingale due to insufficient lot size. So either drop those two or increase max lot size.

5 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-07 22:10:00)

Hello @Footon

I've set the maximum lot size to 1, with additional settings for adding 0.1 lots for both the same direction and reverse direction trades.

However, during forward testing on a demo account, the EA will start with a lot size of 0.01 and never increases the lot size as expected whether we have a same direction or reverse even with a capital of 5k with 1:500 leverage. This behavior seems to deviate from the intended rules.

In the backtest journal on the software, the EA does follows these rules:

Adding to a position: When there’s a signal in the same direction, add 0.1 lots, ensuring the total doesn’t exceed 1 lot.
    Reversing a position: When there’s a signal in the opposite direction, close the existing position and open a new one with 0.1 lots in the opposite direction.

Despite these rules being followed in backtesting, the EA only uses a 0.01 lot size during live demo testing and doesn’t adjust the lot size as specified when these conditions are triggered >it will only keep adding 0.01 lot size for both these conditions "When there’s a signal in the same direction" and " Reversing a position: When there’s a signal in the opposite direction, close the existing position and it open a new one with 0.01 lots in the opposite direction.

Hello Mukoek,

Please attach your strategy or export. We will test it and will solve the issue.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Martingale not working