forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Possible Glitches - Indices and XAUUSD Premium Data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Possible Glitches - Indices and XAUUSD Premium Data

Hello everyone, I am a new user of EA Studio (EAS) and also a new forum member. Originally, I made this post in the wrong section of the forum, which I just realized. I am re-posting it here hoping that a few sets of eyes can help shed some light on the issues I am observing and also to see if anyone else is making the same observations or if it’s only me (?)

I am having various serious problems with the stop-loss and take-profit values shown in Strategy Properties for the indices (especially US30) as well as XAUUSD. Initially, Popov did confirm a bug that produced those wrong values and was kind enough to investigate the issue and apply a fix. However, even after clearing the cache and reloading EA Studio using a method Popov suggested to me, I am **still** observing the same wrong values and I cannot make sense of that. I’ll try to explain the problems the best I can and also attach a few screenshots (all taken after the fix) to help you understand what’s going on. I am using US30 as the example in those screenshots.

I am using the M1 Premium Data. All the relevant symbol specifications for my broker have been  obtained from MT4 and entered in EA Studio’s custom Symbol Settings, including a spread of 170 (please see screenshot). Leverage = 1:100

ISSUE#1: the range (in USD) of the Stop Loss (SL) and Take Profit (TP) seem incorrect (please see US30 screenshot)
Based on a lot size of 1 and the min/max pips entered for US30 under Strategy Properties, I think the SL range should be 2.70 USD – 11.70 USD, not 25.36 USD – 34.36 USD!

As far as the TP range, it should be 0.00 USD to 8.30 USD, not -22.66 USD - -14.36 USD!

Notice how in all four cases, the values are off by 22.66 USD.

Note: I see this problem with the indices and XAUUSD.

ISSUE#2: incorrect Min/Max price of US30 under Data Statistics (please see US30 screenshot)
The Min/Max prices seem to be 10X bigger than what they should be: 314271.99 and 356857.99!!! US30 has never reached those levels.
Note: I see this problem only with US30.

ISSUE#3: margin used is 10X bigger than normal (please see US30 screenshot).
When I enter a trade size of 1 lot under Strategy Properties, the Margin used shows as 3363.73 USD instead of 336.3. Please note that I have set the leverage at 1:100 to match my broker. I am guessing that the incorrect margin shown is 10X bigger bigger because the Min/Max prices shown under Data Statistics are also incorrect by a factor of 10.
Note: I see this problem only with US30.

Luckily, I took 2 screenshots of the Strategy Properties/US30 page BEFORE the glitch was detected (see attached screenshots). It will show you correct US30 Margin/SL/TP values that all made sense based on the settings I was using. I could easily understand those numbers; unlike what I am seeing currently.

Thank you very much for your anticipated help!

Post's attachments

1 - Screenshot Taken Before Glitch Appeared (When All Values Made Sense) - US30.png 78.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2 - Screenshot Taken Before Glitch Appeared (When All Values Made Sense) - US30.png 81.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Data Statistics - Incorrect Even after F12 Reload from EAS Server - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 226.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Incorrect Margin-Stop loss and Take-profit even after F12 reload from EAS server - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 116.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Symbol Settings - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 36.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Possible Glitches - Indices and XAUUSD Premium Data