forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Historical Forex Data → Difference of historical data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Difference of historical data

Hello everybody,
I have a question: Is there any difference while using the forex broker's historical data (obtained from MT4) with using the data presented in FSB site? Is it affect robots' performance?
I also have to add that the number of bars I can obtain from MT4 is low.

Re: Difference of historical data

The difference can be quite pronounced as FX data is not from a centralized market. Performance will be affected but its degree of variation is for you to figure out. Upside is that you can easily test your strats against 2 datasets and if you see a complete failure (very probable to happen), then you can swiftly brush those strats aside as not working ones.

footon wrote:

The difference can be quite pronounced as FX data is not from a centralized market. Performance will be affected but its degree of variation is for you to figure out. Upside is that you can easily test your strats against 2 datasets and if you see a complete failure (very probable to happen), then you can swiftly brush those strats aside as not working ones.

Thanks for answering.
You mean that first I have to develop strategies with data in the FSB site, then examine the strategies with datasets of my broker?

Yes.

footon wrote:

Yes.

Okay, I'll do it. Thanks.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Historical Forex Data → Difference of historical data