forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Account Percent Stop Indicator

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Account Percent Stop Indicator

How long does the Account Percent Stop indicator stop trading?

Does this indicator just stop trading for the EA it is attached too, or does it stop trading of all EA's in the portfolio?

Re: Account Percent Stop Indicator

FSB doesn't export portfolios. Indicator in the strategy/EA works only for that strategy/EA it is in.

footon wrote:

FSB doesn't export portfolios. Indicator in the strategy/EA works only for that strategy/EA it is in.

The portfolio of EA's I am referring to is the portfolio of EA's shown in FSB in the Portfolio tab.  All these EA's are also placed on charts within my MT4 terminal.

4 (edited by Alann 2023-04-12 16:29:24)

Unfortunately I have not been able to get anyone to respond as to how this indicator works.  I guess no one knows how it works.  So, I decided to test it myself.  I created a demo account and set the indicator to stop trading if my account fell below 1%.  As a result, my demo account fell to a 5% loss and was still trading at a loss.  So, it looks to me like this indicator does not protect the account from loss.  It is therefore my opinion this indicator does absolutely nothing and should not be used.  Why have an indicator listed that does absolutely nothing?

This indicator is more simple you may think.

It sets a Stop Loss at a distance which makes n% loss of your account.
For example, if you have a $10000 account and use Account Percent Stop = 2%, it will set a Stop Loss to the next position equal to $200.

This indicator does not protect your account from a total loss. It sets SL for a single position.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Account Percent Stop Indicator