forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Feature request: Add Top 100 from Collection to Portfolio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Feature request: Add Top 100 from Collection to Portfolio

I discovered that if I upload a collection of more than 100 strategies from Express Generator to EAS, and then Add All to a Portfolio, that the MT5 EA will crash and not load in MetaTrader. Add All effectively used to be an Add Top 100 before an update a few months ago to allow more than 100 strategies in a portfolio. So now I have to use Add Top 50 instead or I can't export to an EA. Can the Portfolio Expert be updated to include more than 100 strategies (probably impractical), or better yet, can we get an Add Top 100 to Portfolio option added to Collection? Thanks!!!

Yes, I know I could change Express Generator to have max 100 strategies in a collection, but I use performance filters and different dates in EAS to recalculate previous strategies in collections that can hold up to 300, so I'd be either losing some of the strategies I want to sort, or dealing with more collections and that's harder to filter and combine and still limit the Portfolio to a max of 100. wink

Re: Feature request: Add Top 100 from Collection to Portfolio

Good suggestion.

A possible solution is to download the filtered collection and adjust the maximum strategies allowed to 100, and then run it through the validator.

> I discovered that if I upload a collection of more than 100 strategies from Express Generator to EAS, and then Add All to a Portfolio, that the MT5 EA will crash and not load in MetaTrader.

I'll check that report.

Matthew, thank you for bringing it to attention!

The bug is fixed in Expert Advisor Studio v23.3.16

Thank you for the report!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Feature request: Add Top 100 from Collection to Portfolio