forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Robots trading against the trend

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by pjclutterbuck 2022-10-27 22:55:40)

Topic: Robots trading against the trend

I find that although EA Studio uses swing trading logic for the robots, it also seems to open a lot of trades that go against the trend and end up with quite considerable drawdown. This is true of single robots as well as portfolio robots. I'm wondering if this is intentional, a way to wait for bigger gains in the long run, or if I am doing something wrong? Is there a way I can protect my account against high drawdown?

I am using a lot size of 0.01 for every $100 capital. Is this too much to risk?

My problem is that I am risking most of my capital and getting negative free margin most of the time. I fear dropping into negative equity and ending in a stopout, which happened to me at the end of June. Starting with a smallish amount of capital (this time was $500, which was gifted to me), and not being in a position to recover easily if my account goes negative, this is quite a scary situation!

Re: Robots trading against the trend

Portfolio is not a robot but a number of EAs put together into one EA file.

Secondly, the app doesn't distinguish the type of trading, the user does it if he/she wishes to do so by choosing preset indis, locked indis, for strategy generation. For instance, if you want trend following strats, you choose a preset indi or indis, which forces the generator to push out strats, which are to be within the current trend.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Robots trading against the trend