forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 3 of 3)

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List

Pages Previous 1 2 3

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Express Generator - Wish List

Hi Popov, I had 1 suggestion.

Instead of using indicators for both entry and exit, modify it such that it could be specifically used for entry/exit. The way it is in EA Studio.

The settings could be like:

; Indicators used by the Generator: EntryAndExit, EntryOnly, ExitOnly, False(or neither)
ind_accelerator_oscillator           = EntryAndExit
ind_accumulation_distribution     = EntryOnly
ind_adx                                     = ExitOnly
ind_alligator                               = False

This will help with more control in strategy generation. Like EA Studio.

I exactly believe that this would be fantastic because in the Express generator, even the no use exit option is checked, which in this case should cause the orders to only close either at their tp or at their stop, the indicators still continue closing the orders while the strategies generated are not the studio only really close at TP or stop loss

Hey Popov,
Would really appreciate "Minimum bars in trade %" as acceptance criteria in express generator. Thanks.

sir popov the idea of iamgreatest
and it's really valid since I was in no way able to make express generate strategies that would only come out in tp or stop. I reinforce the idea of implementing this unless you already have this functionality hidden in the software in some way

> I was in no way able to make express generate strategies that would only come out in tp or stop.

There is no such possibility currently. I'll think of the best way to implement it.
Probably it will be a good idea to have two sets of indicator settings. One for entries, and one for Exits.
We will be able to disable all exit indicators, except a "Do not exit" indicator.

"We will be able to disable all exit indicators, except a "Do not exit" indicator."

Yes this would be excellent.

Mr Popov, would help a lot to have different indicators set specifically for entry and exit if possible.
If not possible without a complete design overhaul then only a option to disable exit indicators in favor of only "Do not exit" will also be helpful.

It really is essential to be able to exit on SL or TP ONLY (without any use of exit indicators).  This has been requested many times now and I am asking as well.  Unfortunately until this is done I can't really use any of the EAs in live trading.

Dear Mr. Popov,

I hope this message finds you well. I am aware that your schedule is quite busy with the ongoing updates. However, at your convenience, I would like to request your attention for a review of Express Generator, specifically regarding the unique exit functionality for TP (Take Profit) and Stop.

Furthermore, it would be highly beneficial if we could consider implementing a feature that allows the addition of custom indicators. This would allow us to configure the output only for TP and Stop, as suggested by a colleague previously, which I believe is an excellent idea.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Pages Previous 1 2 3

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List