forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Course suggestion for learning to create robust/stable EAs?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Course suggestion for learning to create robust/stable EAs?

I have been working with the EA Studio for some time now and I know my way around. I have been using the Reactor along with the Monte Carlo models to verify more stable and robust strategies. Keep in mind that I am having hard time with understanding some concepts. E.g. I have no clue what R squared is or does, what walk forward optimization is. I am new to this area and relatively new to forex, just 9 months around. So I am still learning, one step at a time.

My challenge right now is how do I determine that the sum of the EAs (I narrowed down to the 60 best) I gathered are going to be good for the next month or two? I understand that forex phases can change. I used 200 test simulations of monte carlo with strict acceptance criteria for my needs. What I did was to collect EAs with a very good Return/Drawdown, which have been profitable the last 6 months, and were stable and in profit the last 18 months. However I still believe that I am leaving this to luck. The market changes when major events occur or... whenever. I don't know when. I am new.

I checked here and saw that there are courses: https://eatradingacademy.com/courses/algorithmic-trading/

I am aware of the ultimate pack which exist but this is too expensive for me and I was happily surprised when I saw that  individual courses are available.

So I am thinking of taking a course or as many will help me with this challenge. Any idea which one will help me with my need? Or maybe any other information I have to be looking that will help?

Re: Course suggestion for learning to create robust/stable EAs?

the courses will you only help how ea studio works. but with this courses you will not find the best eas.

you have to play your own with ea studio.

the best thing i suggest to have is that we let run severeral portfolios in a demo and than with a copier and filter let them trade on live account.

i hope someday @Popov will create such a thing. analyzing the results in demo and decide which one will trade live.

than you can here let run only profitable strategies and let the loosers out. than you can put new to them.

Thanks for the reply Roughey.

I understand. I have been reading since this morning and I purchased and watched this course: "Automated Forex trading + 99 Expert Advisors" and I pretty much got a grasp of the big picture.

If I am not mistaken what you describe is what they achieved with the help of the Strategy Samurai. Generate good EA's, put them on demo, setup the Strategy Samurai with some parameters so that you know which work and move them to live.

My challenge is how do I determine if an EA is good? Has been doing well the last month? Last three months? Six? What else am I looking for?

That's what I am trying to understand. The logic or just some logic to get started and work from there.

yes strategy samurai looks that will be the right think. but for me its cost too much. so i decided to try to code it for myself.

5 (edited by burrup.lambert 2021-09-15 16:29:11)

Roughey wrote:

yes strategy samurai looks that will be the right think. but for me its cost too much. so i decided to try to code it for myself.

Hi guys!

Strategy Samurai is actually cheaper now however the prices are not reflected on the ForexSB page yet!

You can check it out here!

https://www.bluecapitaltrading.com/prod … i/#pricing

burrup.lambert wrote:
Roughey wrote:

Hi guys!

Strategy Samurai is actually cheaper now however the prices are not reflected on the ForexSB page yet!

You can check it out here!

https://www.bluecapitaltrading.com/prod … i/#pricing

yes but i prefer to have a lifetime think and not a subscription.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Course suggestion for learning to create robust/stable EAs?