forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Issues with Portfolio Expert Hedging MT4

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Issues with Portfolio Expert Hedging MT4

Hello,

I am writing to report an issue with the Portfolio Expert Hedging. Last week I was able to download a few of them and they worked fine.

This week, none of those I have created have worked for some reason. I tried placing them on the charts, refreshing both the browser before downloading another copy and refreshing MT4 but none of these worked.. it just doesn’t appear on the chart at all. I had to place single strategies on multiple charts. Please let me know what I can do.

P.S: I’m new to the community, so please send me some pointers if this question was answered before.

Thank you!

Re: Issues with Portfolio Expert Hedging MT4

Hello Signore,

Welcome to the community!

It must be some reason for the issue you experience.

Do you see any errors in the MetaTrader's Journal or Experts logs?

Please click on the expert with the right mouse button and choose "Modify". Then click on the Compile button at the top.
It must be compiled without errors or warning. Please see the bottom of the page where is the "Errors" tab. If you see any errors, please post them here.

If you cannot figure it out, please upload one Portfolio expert that fails, and we will analyze it.

Hello Mr Popov,

Thank you for your response. I tried making 2 of them today and they worked just fine. Still, I am attaching one expert that wasn't working so you can examine it just for your records.

Thank you very much!

Post's attachments

Portfolio Expert BTCUSD M15.mq4 40.66 kb, 11 downloads since 2021-03-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I tested the portfolio and it works very well on the MetaTrader strategy tester.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/portfolio-expert-btcusd-m15-thumb.png

However, I limited the backtest starting date to be more recent because it raised errors on the old data.
The problem is that the SL for the strategies is too high for the price.
For example, one of the strategies has SL 222534 pips. Because the BTC is quoted to the 3rd digit and 1 pip is 0.01, it means that the dollar value of the SL is 2225.34. It obviously doesn't work when the BTC price is lower than that.

You may check if this was the case in the MetaTrader output. It showed:

2017.07.14 04:30:00  Portfolio Expert BTCUSD M15 BTCUSD,M15: OrderSend error 4107
2017.07.14 04:30:00  Portfolio Expert BTCUSD M15 BTCUSD,M15: invalid stoploss for OrderSend function

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Issues with Portfolio Expert Hedging MT4