forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → I played with backtest data and get crazy things

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: I played with backtest data and get crazy things

Hi,

i am playing with having best backtest data to use for eastudio and to get 99% quality backtest.

I like to use Eastudio backtest data but it give me not the ability to get 99% Quality.

The thing is the GMT time.

When i use Timezone utc +00:00 and have those data into eastudio and let run ea studio . Ea studio make strategies. When i now use utc timezone +01:00 and open a strategy in eas and change in editor the other data with the +1 timezone than the strategie have complete other result.

so it looks like that eas cannot make a strategie that is working on all timezones? Or maybe i do something wrong.

Re: I played with backtest data and get crazy things

I like to use Eastudio backtest data but it give me not the ability to get 99% Quality.

EA Studio will produce 100% backtest quality for every strategy that doesn't have both a Stop Loss and a Take Profit. You can have 100% Backtest quality even with SL and TP, but it depends on the given ranges.

I generally prefer to not use TakeProfit, so my generated strategies are always with 100 BQ.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/backtest-quality-100-thumb.png

(You can make the Backtest Quality metrics visible from the Settings)

If you speak for the Backtest quality in MetaTrader, you can search in the MQL forums. As I know, MetaTrader calculates the Backtest Quality as a relation to the coverage of the current time series and the available M1 bars.

so it looks like that eas cannot make a strategy that is working on all timezones? Or maybe I do something wrong.

Depending on the timeframe, when you change the timezone, you change also the shape of the data bars. It is completely normal to have different backtest results.

It is best to use data in EA Studio with the same timezone as your broker. The easiest way to check it is by comparing the Indicator charts.

We will have an option for changing the Timezone in EA Studio for the Premium Data. it will be available soon.

ok. but what i dont understand is.

eas make strategies with timezone a.

but why it is not working on timezone b. the calculations must be the same i think. so the strategie must be independent of a time.

timezone a open at a long at 14:00 whhen i have timezone b with +1 hour than ea open at 15:00.

or i am wrong? i dont understand why. the calculations must be the same or not.

so it mean when i make strategies with a timezone different of my broker than ea will not work well or the backtest?

what is when implement an input to change the timezone for the broker.. so that the ea will work like on eas backtest on all others with different timezones

It depends on the data timeframe. Here is an example of the same data on UTC and on UTC+1. You will see that the bars look very differently simply because they start and end at different time and at different prices.

EURUSD H4 UTC

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/data-utc.png

EURUSD H4 UTC + 1

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/data-utc+1.png

but if we use the 1H data frame, there is no need to change the timezone, isn't it?

yes i have found out that only over h1 make probs

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → I played with backtest data and get crazy things