forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Multi-market testing - FX vs Index/Commodity/Crypto

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Multi-market testing - FX vs Index/Commodity/Crypto

Hi All

I was just wondering if people consider a multimarket test relevant if it is in a differnt type of market? So if you have an FX strategy that doesn't work with many/any other FX pairs, but does well in Crude or SPX500or BTC, do you consider this to be a relevant multi-market test?  Or do you only include FX pairs with FX strategies when testing multi-market?

Re: Multi-market testing - FX vs Index/Commodity/Crypto

JRod78 wrote:

Hi All

I was just wondering if people consider a multimarket test relevant if it is in a differnt type of market? So if you have an FX strategy that doesn't work with many/any other FX pairs, but does well in Crude or SPX500or BTC, do you consider this to be a relevant multi-market test?  Or do you only include FX pairs with FX strategies when testing multi-market?

In my opinion, no. The only way a multi-market test like that would be applicable (in my eyes) is if you are focusing on diversified trend trading where you are looking for a trending condition that is present across all markets. A system like this would probably trade on higher timeframes, D1 or above and using simple trend identification indicators such as SMA's or Donchian breakouts with large look-back periods. In this way you would simply treat other markets as "more data" to increase confidence and sample size as these types of strategies generally have a low trade count for a single market.

I personally do not use multi-market testing even within the FX universe as I find most strategies generated from EA Studio are mean-reverting in nature and are only applicable to the pair they are generated on. For me it is a waste of CPU power. Instead I prefer WFA and Monte Carlo.

My 2 cents!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Multi-market testing - FX vs Index/Commodity/Crypto