forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: broker data

hi
do you think it is  necessary to use my personal broker data or just demo data from fsb is enough cause i think hey data beside  spread commission and swap  the data as i look is same the main different is that broker data is a little fresher is you export and use that at the moment .
what do you think  ?

Re: broker data

Basically you can use any data to test or study systems.

But you will notice that:

1- The data that you use for developing on FSB , lets say the demo data , when you applied to the actual broker data that you use it will render a different result, that difference could be 100%.

2- The developing of any system then must be based in the data that will be applied.

3.- The shorter the time frame selected the larger the difference in the results form different data sources.

4.- At the beginning I thought like the data is the data , but is not like that . The data that is presented in real time ( or collected from history) will provide for an EA different results . The reason is the brokers accommodate bid and ask in a different manner and that alone will make the mathematical computations to be at times completely different.

5.- Only in rare instances the data form the same period form two different sources will provide the same results with the same EA been applied. ( Some variables such as time of the server and a larger time frame will bring the gap of the results closer.

6.- The recommendation is always to use the same data in the EA from the source that is intended to be use. I have run  hundreds of test that confirm the rule , so it is clear 100% the why it better this way.

7.- Follow the threads in the Forum under the search : Data or best data source , and you will find more references to the topic. I have just giving you a summary or it .

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply