Topic: Trailing Stop Loss
I think there is a bug in creating a trailing stop loss.
I set up a portfolio of 100 strategies each with a TSL of 50. When the trades have executed on MT4, the TSL of 50 does not show and there is instead of SL of 50. There is a separate space in the Oanda app for SL and TSL and the TSL value remains empty when the trade is created through the portfolio. I closed the trades manually to check these on my account history and the column which reports the TSL is also empty; what should be the TSL value is going into the SL column and you can see this from the attached screenprints.
As a second test, I took 20 strategies from the portfolio and placed these into the demo account but individual strategies (I verified again these were set up in EA with TSL) ... Its the same problem - the TSL has been translated into an SL.
Note: if I manually change the SL into a TSL in the Oanda app, it stays as a TSL, meaning there is definitely a difference between the two types of stop loss. I am not a coder but I suspect that TSL are not being sent to MT4 correctly as trailing; the fact they are showing up is good BUT they are not showing up in the right way.
This issue is really key for my risk management to have TSL and not SL, especially when there is no functionality to manage risk as a ratio of ATR.
Please can someone take a look urgently at this - thank you.
Update: The issue with the different stop loss amounts mentioned in the middle of the attached is resolved; Oanda updates it to show how far you are from that point, but it still doesnt resolve the TSL problem. Thanks.