forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → I have a question about GMT time

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: I have a question about GMT time

Hello, I have a question about GMT time

I use the script to get the data from my broker which is pepperstone, then I download the data from dukascopy in GMT.

I do this to compare the strategies that are done directly in EAS with different brokers.

I realize that pepperstone has a gmt + 3 server and that the data I download from dukascopy is gmt.

Does this situation cause a problem in the backtest?

I realize that in 4h strategies it does not vary so much from broker to broker, but 1h - 30m - 15m - 5m strategies I see very different things in some cases.

Should I download the data from dukascopy to gmt + 3?

Or does the system when receiving pepperstone data convert it to gmt automatically?

Thank you.

Re: I have a question about GMT time

does the system when receiving pepperstone data convert it to gmt automatically?

There is no automatic conversion. EA Studio uses only the bar open time as it sees it in the data file.

For the best precision, you have to use data with the same timezone. It is important in H4 and D1 charts because the timezone changes the shape of the bars. If you use H1 and lower timeframes, the timezone is not important except in the cases you use indicators based on time.

You may make the following test:

Download DukasCopy data from here: Download Historical Forex Data with GMT and GMT + 3 timezone. (you can change the timezone from Settings). Test your strategy and compare the performance.

Re: I have a question about GMT time

Thank you very much.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → I have a question about GMT time