forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → EA Fails to Back Test , also fails to execute trades in AutoTrading

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: EA Fails to Back Test , also fails to execute trades in AutoTrading

I created an EA on FSB but it does not execute : does not back test , the results are all Zeros, Does not execute any trades in Auto trading, what could it  be the problem?
I compile the EA for MT5 and has the same problem as well

Post's attachments

Low Pass Filter with Profit taking 200POINTS.xml 16.33 kb, 6 downloads since 2020-03-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: EA Fails to Back Test , also fails to execute trades in AutoTrading

Upload your actual EA, please.

Here is the actual EA.

Here is the EA,

It does run in FSB , and optimizes , but it does not allow back-testing or runs in MT4 or MT5.

The problem look like the indicator Low Pass Filter does not kick the signals.
Similarity:  with other EA that contain that indicator do dot kick the signals.

I tested your expert and it looks like the problem is in the "LowPass Filter" custom indicator. It shows zeroes for its value.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/lowpass-filter-shows-zero-value.png

Just read the description of the indicator and it says "The smoothest MA ever!"
I also check the parameters of the strategy, found:
Period = 192
Shift   = 524

Simply cannot imagine what is the purpose of the highest smoothness when we postpone the signal with 524 bars.

I tested the expert with Shift = 0 and it started producing signals. It looks like, it has a problem of calculating the values with a higher shift.

I recommend the Period and Shift parameters to be limited to 200. We use this limitation in the standard indicators.

I took a look at this indi and rewrote few aspects of it, should work fine now. I think Squalou the author wanted some longer timeframe functionality of it, maybe someone requested it. As LTF is provided in Pro, I deleted the max period setting of 200*24.

Updated files are in the repo, advise all fans of LowPass to update their indicators.

Thank you.
I notice the limitation  to MAX 200 periods  and shift 200 periods in most of the indicators.
Bare in mind that when testing on one minute time-frames the LIMITS could e too low for extremes.

Could it be possible to allow for more amplitude in the limits? In the trend indicators only ( Moving Average(s), included  MA Oscillators, MA Crossovers for example)
Please let me know.
it is the only way to test for intrinsic trend possibilities. Of course by changing the Longer Time frame in the minute test the limitation is offset but the drawback is that filter is been base on the Longer time frame bars making it less responsive to the actual EA.
Thank you.

It is simple, 10 times higher ranges means it is 10 times more difficult for the Generator to find a proper value. It also requires 10 times larger time series and makes the backtest 10 times slower. The result can be easily 100 times fewer strategies found.

I took a look at this indi and rewrote few aspects of it, should work fine now.

Footon rocks!!!

Thank you for explaining the technical aspect of an implied modification and the load on the entire engine.
I understand now why is not so simple.

I will continue testing Footon  indicator that will allow for a an exception to the limits in MA's .
It is working fine now! smile
Thank you for the quick response and solution to the issue.!!:).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → EA Fails to Back Test , also fails to execute trades in AutoTrading