Re: Help needed!!

Hi Popov

I have been using Date filter (eg. do not open positions before 09) but graph shows performance from the beginning of 08. A few days ago the date filter was working fine but now something happened. I also tried to use Data Horizon and I have the same problem.

It works fine for me:

http://www.postimage.org/gx44n7r.jpg

You see the first position is opened on September 1st 2005.

Please note that "Date Filter" does not limit the loaded data bars. Here the first deal is at bar 7002.

Take a look at below image. I have used also other pairs with same problem. Strange?!!!

http://www.postimage.org/aV7WXrS.jpg

It's normal. Forex Strategy Builder needs minimum 300 bars. That is why it moves the starting date until it loads 300 bars.

http://www.postimage.org/aV89i20.jpg

How can I use ATR when I want to trigger trades only when ATR is below a specific number (in pips). For instance I do not want to trade EURUSD Daily when Daily ATR X period is above 250 pips. Is this possible?

Hi Popov

I have been recently examining fibonacci indicator on FSB. As a fibonacci supporter I am trying to understand 3 things:
1. How you set highest and lowest points in order to calculate retracement levels? What is the logic behind it?
2. How sensitivity works?
3. Why is this for demo only? 
Thanks again for your support

steos wrote:

How can I use ATR when I want to trigger trades only when ATR is below a specific number (in pips). For instance I do not want to trade EURUSD Daily when Daily ATR X period is above 250 pips. Is this possible?

I don't remember why I didn't include "Level" logic for ATR. I cannot see a reasonable  reason for that now. It looks like I missed it. It can easily be added to a custom indicator.

I have been recently examining fibonacci indicator on FSB. As a fibonacci supporter I am trying to understand 3 things:
1. How you set highest and lowest points in order to calculate retracement levels? What is the logic behind it?

I'm using a Zig-Zag indicator for that.

2. How sensitivity works?

This is something like minimum distance between two Highs (or Lows) in bars.

3. Why is this for demo only?

Zig-Zag indicator redraws (moves) the signals. It can set a High today for example, but if there is a higher high tomorrow, the indicator will remove the today's signal. This behavior reflects on the backtesting. The strategies look more profitable when using "Breakout" logic. Probably the strategies with the "Retracement" logic are underestimated.

This indicator is "dangerous" for backtesting. It doesn't show real result. This is 100% sure.

So it is clear that we cannot use Fibonacci in real time as it has been built in FSB. I have checked and indeed entry level changes according to new highs or lows. But I was thinking whether you could change the indicator in a way so that it could produce pragmatic results. For instance when a new buy entry is triggered a new high will occur only when a 38.2% retracement occures. By changing the cause and effect relationship you could prevent the Zig-Zag incicator to redraw the signals.
So if you do that and at the same time we use Close and Reverse as a closing point we would be able to use Fibonacci for future real results as well. Is it possible?

I think I've seen a no-redrawing Zig-Zag formula somewhere in the Russians forums. I'll try to find it.

Steos check the "Open bugs" forum about the ATR indicator. I've added a Level parameter.

GREAT!! Thanks a lot

Hi Popov
I have started to track results using Fibonacci on FSB just to see how trigger points change in real time conditions. It will take some time to see some solid results since I use long tme frames.

Any news on the no-redrawing Zig Zag formula?

The formula I've found in the mql4 forum is not reliable. I don't know better till now.

Hi Popov

I just got a new powerfull PC and also installed the latest version of FSB. When trying to use optimization or generetaion of a strategy the speed is extremely low. With all other softwares that I use it is much quicker than my old PC but the only exception is FSB. Have you changed anything in the way you built the latest FSB version?

Thanks a lot for the help....It seems though strange closing at PSAR. I will need some time to go through this (Made Easy Forex)

Metatrader programming lessons

Hello,

Is it possible to set a Break Even in FSB?

Thank you!