forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Dynamic Stops and Targets, & Multi-Market Validation

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Dynamic Stops and Targets, & Multi-Market Validation

Dear Popov and Expert Users,

I am a new user of EA Studio and FSB, but I am spending some time first getting acquainted with EA Studio.
I am wondering if it is possible to generate strategies based on dynamic stops and targets (ATR based) within EA Studio, rather than fixed numerical values of stops and targets.

The reason I ask is because from what I have read in order to build robust strategies, one should try to
(i) base their strategies on fewest entry and exit rules, i.e. make the strategies as simple as possible
(ii) backtest over a decent amount of historical data to cover different market conditions
(iii) break the strategies as far as possible through rigorous validation methods such as Monte Carlo etc..

With respect to Multi-Markets and time frames validations, wouldn't it be naturally difficult for bulk of the strategies that have been generated on fixed stops and targets to pass through these validation, given the different volatility characteristics of each market.

Would love to hear other users' experience and recommendations on this matter.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Dynamic Stops and Targets, & Multi-Market Validation

My experience has been to use the software a lot and get experience and then revisit this question.

You will learn far faster on your own.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Dynamic Stops and Targets, & Multi-Market Validation