Topic: A few questions about practical use of the software.
I now have an FSB Pro license, and had a bit of time to play with the software. Please let me know whether you can answer the following questions, and anything else I should know about:
1) I noticed that the default currency spread is 20 points for all pairs. Do I calculate the average spread from my broker by hand, figuring in periods when spread goes up (Australian Session, etc.)?
2) Can I/should I back-test on data specifically from my broker (Oanda)? If so, how would I do this?
3) If discrepancies arise between the native FSB Pro back-test and the MT4 Strategy Tester, how is this typically addressed?
4) If discrepancies arise between FSB Pro/MT4 back-test profits and the profits of a live money account, how is this typically addressed?
5) What percent of seemingly good strategies fail when brought over to a live account? Why does this happen, beyond the occasional stochastic drawdown?
6) From my reading, it seems best to create a portfolio of EAs, and run that to exploit market pulses. Is that possible with FSB Pro, or do we use EA Studio?
I've already found a number of interesting strategies with the software, and I'll continue to tinker to see how far this can go.