Topic: break even value

I enable the break even BE option but it does not improve the performance, is this value equal to trailing stop ?

Re: break even value

I enable the break even BE option but it does not improve the performance

FSB Pro provides many features that are useful in particular cases. It is same as to take a random pill from the Pharmacy and to tell that your health is not improved.   

is this value equal to trailing stop

BE is activated when the market moves in our favour with the set value. It sets a stop at a price where the position wil lclose at 0 profit if the market changes direction.

We may say that BE is similar to Trailing SL for a very specific case - the SL trails in our favour and stops exactly at the BE price.

Break Even feature was added to the program just because many user highly requested it. I was never said that it is very useful, but some times it is easier to provide what the users want instead to explain hundreds of times why it may not work as expected.

It is probably better to use BE with Fixed SL and a Trailing SL. You may have the same level of protection but also it may bring to some profit. Please note that BE always bring profit of zero when activated.