forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Increase MA indicator period

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Increase MA indicator period

Hey Popov,

Ive noticed the moving average period is capped at 200 regardless of the timeframe, can we get it raised as it would beneficial now that you have integrated the preset indicators function.

Many thanks for all of your hard work.

Re: Increase MA indicator period

FinWiz wrote:

Hey Popov,

Ive noticed the moving average period is capped at 200 regardless of the timeframe, can we get it raised as it would beneficial now that you have integrated the preset indicators function.

Many thanks for all of your hard work.

I agree cos since EA Studio doesn't have multi time frame, the least we could have, is a higher max limit for parameters as an alternative method to incorporate "higher" time frames settings in a lower time frame parameter.

Agree too, the "max lookback period" for all indicators should be configurable in the settings, as well as possibly the "max bars shift", as this is always 1 right now.

You are right. I may increase the limits. I'll add this to my ToDo.

Good idea, but please make it a user setting of how many bars back the indicators are allowed to look back for the Generator. Simple reason: Some people might prefer the generator searching for longer look back periods, while others might prefer shorter periods for more stable strategies - as my findings have shown that the higher the lookback period, the higher the curve matching, but not everyone might agree, so we definitely should have the periods in the settings dialog.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Increase MA indicator period