Topic: interpret the graph in monte carlo

Hello traders,

I'm currently testing an EA in Monte Carlo and I am wondering if I have to deal with fails or not. See the attached screenshots, on the chart some tests are suddenly flat but no margin call.

Any idea's how to interpret this?

Post's attachments

backtestgraph.jpg 347.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: interpret the graph in monte carlo

look at the other page in Monte Carlo for the percentage results and you can decide if you like the percentage amounts.

The lines are not really meaningful, but the percenatges tell where you might expect to be.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Ok. Thanks. Indeed, now that I look better at the percentages there is somewhere a glitch. I will look a bit further to improve this.

Blaiserboy wrote:

look at the other page in Monte Carlo for the percentage results and you can decide if you like the percentage amounts.

The lines are not really meaningful, but the percenatges tell where you might expect to be.

You might want to study about Monte Carlo a bit, there is a lot on the web.

How you set it up can be of great assistance to you with your strategies.

I suggest that you do a lot of testing with it to get the feel of it.

Perhaps develop a strategy on old data, do the monte carlo and if it is good results, then test on recent data to make sure.

There are not much in the way of guides or rules set down, so this is something that you will have to work with yourself to get the best  performance for the tool.

The tool is very powerful, managing the results is not really determined. and the market with its changing face is going to try to steal your money.

Anyways, I advise you to test with that tool and different data until you feel you are in control.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....