forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 3)

Forex Software → Help and Support → Expert with Enter Long at Down Fractal doesn't work

Pages Previous 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert with Enter Long at Down Fractal doesn't work

Until you examine each trade on the indicator chart to get an idea as to how the trades occur, you will be unable to know if your strategies are realistic.

While we can create amazing strategies, until we know how they are going to actually make entries we will have no idea as to success.

My thinking is that a strategy has to have a certain number of entries within a certain period and I set pretty strict criteria on the acceptance criteria panel.

Again, I assure you that there is little wrong with FSBPro and it is quite capable of producing profitable strategies.

I might suggest that you reduce the Take Profit on the 15 minute strategy to less than 100 pips....... the 220 pips Take Profit that you are using ensures not many trades will occur as EURUSD does not trend well. I use 100 pips on 4 hour charts to ensure that there are trades.

Developing an automated strategy takes a lot of study, research, and trial and error...... There just aint an easy way.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

in a Popov video he apparently opens another FSB Pro on the same PC.  Can you have on your PC a FSB Pro(1) and a FSB Pro(2)???  And it doesn't say "points" or "pips" which is it?  What are the default numbers on Strategy Properties, points or pips?

I suggest that having two incidents of FSBPro is going to cause you some grief. Keep in mind that Popov is a skilled programmer and has a good idea as to what he can and can not do with his configuration.

Your strategy that you posted is 5 digit...... points, I think your machine is in points as is your data...

But some indicator ranges are in "points" and some are in "pips" [1 pip =10 pts] and some don't say what the "numbers" are, ie Trailing SL/TP says its "numbers" are "points", Strategy Properties SL/TP don't say.  By the way, when on "Editor", "description" tab is non-working. +/- Tabs work

Hello jgp_altus,

You can open several FSB Pro copies without problem.

All price measures are in points except if other is stated.

>  "Editor", "description" tab is non-working.
Please post a screenshot and show what exactly is wrong.

31 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-12-11 10:29:18)

I don't know if anything is "wrong".  When 1201 strategy is shown in "Editor" immediately under "Strategy" there is an open-book icon that is labeled "Description".  when I click on it
there opens to the immediate left a large 'dropdown' labeled "Strategy Description" which is blank.
I realize I once stumbled on a method for saving a pic of the entire FSB pro display and attaching it to Forum messages but I have forgot how to do it.  I can save in pictures a 1201_EURUSD15M (*.xml)  Strategy file    but I can't figure out how to copy it to the reply.

Once again I say EAs with Up Fractal entry condition attaches to both Oanda and FXCM Demo MT4 charts, but never trades.  Never. And similar EAs with Down Fractal entry conditions cannot be attached to either Oanda and FXCM charts.

... opens to the immediate left a large 'dropdown' labeled "Strategy Description" which is blank.

If you write something there it will not be blank smile.

Look in Google search for 'screen editor' and download a free one.

The fractal entry strategy....... obviously you have something wrong in it...... leave it for now and work to develop something simple that will trade and then learn how to repair the fractal strategy.

With the former Forex Strategy Builder, I went for many many months before I could get anything to work, this strategy development is not the simplest task.

There is included several strategies with the software..... work with one of those and get that trading.... and then start to modify one of them to your own purpose.....  small steps until you achieve what u want.

thanks, I'll try.  I haven't seen it spelled out or alluded to anywhere.  But what if with Chart period M15 and M30 Opening point indicator [M30 UP Fractal], maybe the only allowed Opening Logic Condition indicators are M30, 1H, 4H etc.  Maybe neither my M15 CCI Zone Opening Logic Condition indicator or my 15M Gator Oscillator Logic Condition is allowed.
Just a thought.  the 1201_EURUSD15M EA looks just the same if I switch to a M5 CCI, or a M1 CCI or a M5 GatorOsc, or a M1 GatorOsc.

Be sure to check the journal to locate the trade entries on the indicator chart.......

Ensure that the number of trades for the period meets your requirements

and of course...... set appropriate standards in the Acceptance Criteria......if you set them too high you will not get results, will take a while to get the settings high enough to get quality and low enough to get quantity for the next steps.

I am sure that no indicators or combinations are prohibited in FSBPro.

36 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-12-12 04:30:34)

you're sure?  But how do you account for the EA being unchanged when I change the M15 CCI or the M15 GatorOsc condition Longer Time Frame setting to M5 or M1 or Default.  EA is unchanged!!  if you've still got my 1201_EURUSD EA try it on your FSBPro.  ask Popov to try it if he still has My EA.  By the way, Longer Than what time frame?  the M15 period?

I think that is for you to check very carefully and the reason for not trading may be revealed to you.

And this is exactly why I mention to check the journal and the trade instances. so that you can understand how the thing works.

When using an automated system....... you the operator has to know every last thing about the strategy, you have to know with precision exactly how it works and why....

Many people want to generate a strategy and get it on a chart quickly without studying it. and then a disaster occurs...  Prevent that by knowing how it works, every fine detail.

What I am saying here is based on my own experience and failures, I have had a couple accounts obliterated because I did not check carefully.

From what I recall, your strategy has only a couple trades in 100,000 bars. and those are governed by the 30 minute chart.... ans that is why it is the same on the 5 minute....

If my memory is correct... and you have only a couple trades...... you might be best to start over.

I can't see "journal" on FSB Pro EA 1201_EURUSD15M.  It's below Icon strip at bottom.  There were 80 "executed orders".  "win/loss ratio" was 0.90   "time in position" was 72%

Post's attachments

1201_EURUSD15M.xml 12.86 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-12-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

journal

when u have generator screen open.... look down the left column of the screen to see 'journal'.

Be sure to explore all of the features of the software carefully.... there are many excellent aids to strategy building.

Jgp_altus,

Please open a separate topic for each question you have.

You still posting on that trade and you have attached a new strategy, but it is not relevant to the post title. I just downloaded it and I don't see "Enter Long at Down Fractal" logic rule in it.

So I'm confused how I can help you.

Do you still have problems with "Enter Long at Down Fractal"? If it so, please make a strategy that have only that trading rule. No other indicators, LTF or other rules are necessary to find a problem with that particular rule.

Test it in FSB and in MetaTrader. If you experience any problems, please describe the exact problem and we will find a solution.

42 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-12-12 13:05:28)

there were 21 trades [open, add, add = 3x.01lots]  completed on journal. Some were "Buy", some were "short"!!!

Could this be my problem??? UP Fractal Opening does both UP and Down fractals!!!!
Opening (Entry Signal)

Open a new long position or add to an existing position 36 points above Up Fractal [EURUSD M30] when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:
CCI Buy Sell Zones* (Smoothed, Weighted, Typical, 134, 150, 100) forms a buy zone; and
the Gator Oscillator* (Weighted, Weighted, 166, 95, 160, 93, 171, 72) contracts.

Open a new short position or add to an existing position 36 points below Down Fractal [EURUSD M30] when all the following logic conditions are satisfied:
CCI Buy Sell Zones* (Smoothed, Weighted, Typical, 134, 150, 100) forms a sell zone; and
the Gator Oscillator* (Weighted, Weighted, 166, 95, 160, 93, 171, 72) contracts.

weird.  I have 1201_EURUSD15M attached to 15MEURUSD Chart on both Oanda & FXCM MT4.  Both have same "Magic number" = 11160420.   How did that happen??  Is it supposed to happen????

Oh, my bad.  Go long at UP Fractal, Go long at Down Fractal are totally different commands.  The question remains, "why can't a FSB Pro generated 'Go Long at Down Fractal' EA  be attached to either Oanda or FXCM practice MT4 Chart???????

jgp_altus wrote:

weird.  I have 1201_EURUSD15M attached to 15MEURUSD Chart on both Oanda & FXCM MT4.  Both have same "Magic number" = 11160420.   How did that happen??  Is it supposed to happen????

When you attach to the chart, you have the option to select the magic number. If you do not select it yourself, the program assigns a number at random.

Best to make sure that you assign the magic number.

at random?  So how did my FSB Pro generated EA get assigned the same random number by Oanda MT4 and FXCM MT4????

47 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-12-13 10:18:25)

Master Popov;
The FSB Pro 1201_EURUSD 15M [Up] Fractal EA does attach to both Oanda & FXCM 15M MT4 charts, but it never trades.  On FSB Pro it executes 80 trades, initial trades [either buy or sell 0.01 lot] and 2 subsequent additional 0.01 lots.  I am less concerned why different FSB Pro EURUSD 15M [Down] Fractal EAs don't even attach to either Oanda or FXCM charts.  My main concern is to determine why an EA BlaiserBoy declares to be "a Sure Winner" doesn't trade at al.  I suspect there is something seriously wrong with MY FSB Pro.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create a new strategy.

Set entry lots = 0.01

Set entry point to be "Enter long at Down Fractal"

Do not use other indicators and rules.

Example:

http://s14.postimg.org/jhou9g3g1/screenshot_103.png

Export this strategy as an EA and attach it to your Oanda or FXCM demo account on EURUSD M1 chart.

Leave it for one - two days. If it doesn't open a trade we can assume that there is something wrong.

If you add more indicators, conditions, or something other. we cannot be sure where the problem is.

The above strategy trades on my MT without problems and I am pretty sure it will trade on yours also.

http://s14.postimg.org/d5eadcprl/screenshot_104.png

49 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-12-13 15:55:51)

Ok, But it needs to be on a 15M 'period' chart and the Long at Down Fractal needs to be 30M.  Exit DayClosing2.

Post's attachments

1213_EURUSD15M.xml 10.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

here's EA 1213U_EURUSD15M, 15M 'period", 30M Long Up Fractal

Post's attachments

1213U_EURUSD15M.xml 10.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Pages Previous 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Expert with Enter Long at Down Fractal doesn't work