1 (edited by Popov 2015-12-19 18:51:20)

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Hello dear licensed user,

Here is the newest FSB Pro v3.4.2 with Expert Advisors code v33

It exposes all strategy parameters to the EA input panel including the indicators' numeric parameters.

http://s2.postimg.org/xesnwz6k5/expert_advisor_input.jpg

Please find the program attached below.

[EDIT] Link removed.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Please clarify how to locate that summary, what is it called

Thanks

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

You see that box when you attach an Expert Advisor to a chart. Click the Input tab.

The parameters are also available in the MT backtester and optimizer.

This update is for the users that want to modify some parameters in MT without FSB. It is also suitable for users that distribute expert advisors.

4

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Thanks Popov

5 (edited by AhmedAbotaleb 2015-12-16 10:49:51)

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Hello Popov
I have noticed that the application uses a huge resources over than 10% of processor
and not less than 1.3gb from ram, That's makes my laptop slow
hope you pay attention to this in next releases
you are doing a great job by developing this application and i'm glad to you and your project, please keep going
Regards

Processor:    Intel Core i5-4210U 4th Gen 1.7 Ghz
Ram:  6gb

EDIT: That's happens only when optimizing the strategy but in normal mode it uses over than 1GB ram and about 1%

6

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Ahmed I think you can decrease number of threads inside Generator/Settings.
Try it.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Yes, But i think this will affect only the generator not optimizer nor whole application.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

AhmedAbotaleb wrote:

Hello Popov
I have noticed that the application uses a huge resources over than 10% of processor
and not less than 1.3gb from ram, That's makes my laptop slow
hope you pay attention to this in next releases
you are doing a great job by developing this application and i'm glad to you and your project, please keep going
Regards

Processor:    Intel Core i5-4210U 4th Gen 1.7 Ghz
Ram:  6gb

EDIT: That's happens only when optimizing the strategy but in normal mode it uses over than 1GB ram and about 1%

It depends on strategy a bit, but optimization needs resources, just think of the amount of calculations needed. If you are not fine with it, then firstly your option is not to optimize or adjust the optimizer for fewer calculations.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

AhmedAbotaleb wrote:

Yes, But i think this will affect only the generator not optimizer nor whole application.

I think you may find that you will have to upgrade your laptop a bit as Popov has already spent a lot of time making improvements to resource management.

Unfortunately as the  number of strategies develops they are stored in memory and gradually all those strategies add up to a large chunk.

Be sure to release unused data when changing time frames and to 'unload' unused strategy collections often.

There is a free tool 'Wise Memory Manager' that you can download and install, it will help a bit.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v3.4.2, with EA Code v33

Blaiserboy wrote:
AhmedAbotaleb wrote:

Yes, But i think this will affect only the generator not optimizer nor whole application.

I think you may find that you will have to upgrade your laptop a bit as Popov has already spent a lot of time making improvements to resource management.

Unfortunately as the  number of strategies develops they are stored in memory and gradually all those strategies add up to a large chunk.

Be sure to release unused data when changing time frames and to 'unload' unused strategy collections often.

There is a free tool 'Wise Memory Manager' that you can download and install, it will help a bit.

At this time i do not need to upgrade my laptop but thank you for advising, I fully understand the worth of this project and popov works hard to deliver the best results, I rely on that
Regards