Topic: Strategy with multiple timeframes
Dear Popov and fellow traders here,
First of all I would say that I am happy that several months ago I decided to buy FSB Pro and joined to this community here. Great team, tons of valuable info, helpful traders and Mr. Popov fantastic support - what I found here. And of course a lot of opportunity for us.
I would like to ask your help, please . I tried to create a strategy in FSB what I used it earlier in my manual trading. Maybe some peoples knows it: it's called the three little pig system.
• Price is above the 55 SMA on the Weekly timeframe and
• Price is above the 21 SMA on the Daily timeframe, I will enter
• On close of the next candle that touches and then closes above the 34 SMA on the 4 Hour timeframe
• Price is below the 55 SMA on the Weekly timeframe and
• Price is below the 21 SMA on the Daily timeframe, I will enter
• On close of the next candle that touches and then closes below the 34 SMA on the 4 Hour timeframe
Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/55216-3-little-pigs-trading-system.html#ixzz3ekUKqTvD
I found difficult how to add logical groups in different timeframes.
If I covert all timeframes to H4 (SMA 126 (which is daily 21 x 6) and sma 1650 (which is weekly 55 x 5 x 6), in indicator windows I get error that the max. period what I can use is 200.
By the way this strategy will give me a good "example" also how to deal with different timeframes in other strategies. My idea is to find a trend direction with the signal of an indicator at higher timeframe (also mentioned this idea from an another great trader here in the forum)
Can you help me this case? Any advice?