forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Strategy outcome depend on what indicators you have (downloaded) ?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Strategy outcome depend on what indicators you have (downloaded) ?

I first observe this particular FSB Pro when I install a copy on my laptop. Before I download any additional indicators, I generated an interesting strategy and save it.

Later I download additional indicators and when I load the initial strategy it behave completely.

With the downloaded strategy, I again generated some strategies, when I load this strategy using my desktop copy, it again behave differently. Yes, I have use the same set of historical data ( as I have already observed, historical data from different broker give different result - so if you want to use it for live trading, ensure the data is exported from the live account MT4 software you want to trade)

Anyone have similar observation or could reproduce what I have observed.

Re: Strategy outcome depend on what indicators you have (downloaded) ?

Never like that. It happened that an existing strategy became completely different but it was due to a modification of the money management parameters, I think. I think however you'll need to be more explicit and detailed for Popov to reproduce what you've encountered.

nquental wrote:

Never like that. It happened that an existing strategy became completely different but it was due to a modification of the money management parameters, I think. I think however you'll need to be more explicit and detailed for Popov to reproduce what you've encountered.

Install a fresh FSB Pro into a computer that did not have a prior copy installed or at least delete the "User Files" sub directory.

Generate a "good" strategy and save it.

Next download all the indicators from the repository.

Now load the saved strategy and observe if the result is the same.

This is how I first observe the strange behavior.

It is possible for a custom indicator to override a standard one with the same name.

However this option is off by default.

http://s27.postimg.org/unb5c9ftr/overide_main_indicators.jpg

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Strategy outcome depend on what indicators you have (downloaded) ?