Topic: Alert on disconnet

We would like to know how is possible to have an alert (email for example) when the TRADER has been disconnected from the MT4 for any reason. If you are away of the computer, the position continues without any supervision or you are lossing deals for this cause.

Re: Alert on disconnet

I'm considering to add notification functionality to FSB Pro trader via email and SMS.

Thank you Popov. If the feature could includes the alert on the actions the FSB Trader do, it would be very useful for the automatic trading and the supervision through the smarthphone for example when you are away from your desk.

and the supervision through the smartphone

We also think adding such functions also.

possible malfunction [1] FST strategies ver 3.3.0.0 on Win7 pc and FXCM MetaTrader 4 ver4.00 build 646 and [2] FST ver 2.2.1 on Win8. All FSTs and MT4 platforms run "as Adminstrator.
On Win8 dropdowns say FST has "Quit Running", but on Win7 the FST strategies appear to be correctly attached, they just don't ever trade, even on 15m charts

jgp2 wrote:

possible malfunction [1] FST strategies ver 3.3.0.0 on Win7 pc and FXCM MetaTrader 4 ver4.00 build 646 and [2] FST ver 2.2.1 on Win8. All FSTs and MT4 platforms run "as Adminstrator.
On Win8 dropdowns say FST has "Quit Running", but on Win7 the FST strategies appear to be correctly attached, they just don't ever trade, even on 15m charts

What is your reason for multiple usernames?

Where have you been recently?  the difficulty in logging on [password,  user name, email account, IP address] and staying logged on to any website or internet account, including the Forum, has gone up this year an order of magnitude in this country - all done in the name of providing us peons with more security.  it's virtually impossible to use more than one browser. you think I enjoy all these additional problems in logging on to email accounts, etc and having to relogin at least every 24 hours?????

even Internet Explorer browser says every few hours that it has 'stopped working' and asks me to login again.  this whole new internet 'security' regime may well be the reason that FST EAs either don't work properly, or periodically stop working.  At least on the FXCM MT4 platform.  just a thought.

jgp2 wrote:

even Internet Explorer browser says every few hours that it has 'stopped working' and asks me to login again.  this whole new internet 'security' regime may well be the reason that FST EAs either don't work properly, or periodically stop working.  At least on the FXCM MT4 platform.  just a thought.

Your browser problems are related to your connectivity with your ISP, it may be that your modem needs to be re aligned, or...... need to be reset regularly by unlugging it  form the wall for a few minutes and then restarting.

Perhaps you need to do some speed tests in order to ensure that your connection is as it should be.

FST works well, your difficulties are with your connection.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Where have I been? In my normal habitat, so to speak. I understand your net problems rather well, about a year or more ago an antivirus program update pulled the same trick on me, each and every time I had to log in to places, it didn't memorize anything no more, it even messed up something with the OS. It was even more frustrating that the only fix was format C:!

After major equipment overhaul there have been other setbacks (so called technical progress), but logging in and saving passwords works fine.

I agree with Dave that you might be having problems with your ISP on top of all, does it affect MT in some way? Is MT connection showing any malfunction? Is the connection to broker stable?

thanks for speedy replies, both of you. I'm not a hacker and with some difficulty I've managed to login in again to forexsb.com Forum.  Not sure what "C:!" means or what "having problems with ISP" means.   will look them up if my browser [outlook.com] allows.  by the way, I have a DSL line, with a Win7 pc and a Win8.1 pc hard-wired to the router. Both pcs have Kaspersky Internet Security protection.  Win7 has auto-WindowsUpdate and Win7 now, after several years of not showing the current symptoms, has become more and more like Win8.1 --especially the constant queries as to whether I want to "run as Administrator".  I concluded it was best to run Outlook, FXCM Mt4 and FST the same way. Thanks again for taking me semi-seriously.

looked up "C:".  would be afraid to try that.  have a current support contract with "Geek-Squad"/BestBuy.  D either of you know what that means? could or should one of them do C:??

Your Kaspersky settings may be a bit strict. I have no idea why you would have trouble to log in to FSB forum, there is nothing about the forum site that should cause difficulty, I use Chrome and Firefox and IE from time to time and encounter no problems with any of those.

I have one application which is unrelated to trading and also demands excellent connectivity. I have done many speed tests and also have a small utility which continually pings yahoo and google to test for disconnects. I also bridged my supplied modem with a D-Link router so as to enhance connectivity. You may have to research similar.

Problems with ISP relates to your Internet Service Provider, they may not be providing the speed and connectivity. You may have someone that you can consult as to how to monitor your connection.

jgp2 wrote:

looked up "C:".  would be afraid to try that.  have a current support contract with "Geek-Squad"/BestBuy.  D either of you know what that means? could or should one of them do C:??

I am pretty sure that Footon is referring to reformatting his hard drive.

Unless you are sure that your C drive is not functioning well, best to stay away from reformat.

I am thinking your difficulties are related to connectivity and/or Kaspersky, not the drive.

I now remembered when the fun started, MT started asking administrator rights as well, even though it was running on XP without the UAC crap. It disabled the autostart function!

By format C: I meant typing Format C: in the command line and starting fresh!

A corrupted or otherwise compromised operating system can be reverted to a clean state by formatting the disk and reinstalling the OS as a way of combating a software problem or malware infection. Obviously, important files should be backed up before

It reformats the hard drive, everything gets deleted, you install the OS and for a while the computer runs like a charm, everything being fast and easy. Google format c: for more info.

for more than a while, now, I haven't been able to login to outlook email account on this Win7 pc.  I still can on the Win8.1 pc, so I'm going to leave this FST/MT4 issue until tomorrow.  Have other things to do.  Have noticed, however, that the MT4-FST EA froze-up on this Win7 pc and I had to remove from chart -- only then could I redo FST strategy and reattach it.   weird that somehow I'm continuing to stay logged-in to Forum.  can't log into anything else.  Thanks again for your support.  spoiler alert - just learned via telcon that even the State Dept has been unable today to connect to various internet functions. Weird.  What's going on?