Topic: Trading hours

Hi
When you create a strategy, do you usually restrict the opening and closing time of trades to the more liquid trading hours where spreads are lower? Or you don't usually worry with that?
Cheers

Re: Trading hours

sometimes I use the 'chain' on 'Entry Time' to see what the generator will come up with and then start fiddling with the hours in that time period.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I'm afraid that trades would open in periods of much higher spread. In terms of backtesting the only way would be to restrict trading times, while for live trading I can use the maxspread indicator (of something with a similar name lol)

some brokers have both flex spread accounts and fixed spread accounts. For my robots I used fixed spreads

Blaiserboy wrote:

some brokers have both flex spread accounts and fixed spread accounts. For my robots I used fixed spreads

Can you recommend me privately a good fixed spread broker? And are you sure such broker is not acting as a market maker, potentially trading against you?

I use Instaforex and Tradefort, no complaints, I am not sure if they trade against me, my robots are not very selective and they make me some money.