Topic: MT4 data

I have a question regarding the import of MT4 data. FSB presumes this data is corresponds to the bid prices, right? So when filling a long order it will add the spread to the bid price to obtain the ask? And for short positions it will automatically use the bid price as imported from MT4?
Thanks,
Nuno

Re: MT4 data

FSB doesn't care what price you provide for the chart. It opens a position on that prices and subtracts the spread.

http://s10.postimg.org/h84qzlirp/screenshot_69.jpg

You can see this if you switch on Corrected position price line on the chart [P]

3 (edited by jgp 2013-08-06 18:19:00)

If i've got, eg, GBPUSD 30 minutes selected in FSB, and I hit Tools-Scanner, no data higher than 30minutes apparently gets scanned.    That is, the 1h, 4h, 1d data lines don't show anything.  What happens if you select  a WTF indicator? Also, on several different FSB versions, the data horizon doesn't seem to work properly.  reflected also in Journal and indicator charts

If i've got, eg, GBPUSD 30 minutes selected in FSB, and I hit Tools-Scanner, no data higher than 30minutes apparently gets scanned.

How higher time frame data will improve backtest reliability?

Also, on several different FSB versions, the data horizon doesn't seem to work properly.

Can you prove that with screen shot and further explanations?