Topic: Paid Indicators in FSB

Are you interested in adding paid indicators to FSB.

We can easily make FSB and FSB Pro reading dll custom indicators. They will be absolutely same as the custom ones, except that will be compiled. I think even we can make FSB reading a custom indicator and exporting a dll. After that we can offer such indicators from the website.

Do you think that adding such feature will speed up the indicators development. For example an indicator may cost $5 to $15. From that price, 2/3 to go to the author and 1/3 to remain for website.

Even we can make an offer section in the forum, where a user can ask for a service.

Re: Paid Indicators in FSB

i think it will enhance the performance of FSB because the software is a vehicle for indicators that do the whole job  , what i suggest is to add a third party section ''commercial section'' where coders offer '' indicators, functions ,extensions or other software build upon the fsb

I think to do the following:

- New folder "Libraries" where FSB/FST will put dll indicators or other addons.
- New config file libraries.xml. It will contain the time stamp of all .cs and .dll indicators.
- When FSB starts, it will load libraries.xml and will read meta data about dll and cs indicators
- FSB will check wast modification time of dll and cs indicators.
- If some of the modification times doesn't corresponds to the record or dll is missing, FSB will use cs file to compile new dll
- If the records corresponds to the files modification time, FSB will load and use only dll.
- If dll is missing, FSB will compile from a cs.
- If libraries.xml file is missing, FSB will recompile all cs files.

This should speed up the loading of the programs and will allow distribution of dll indicators.

nice idea  its looks like mt4 sync with mt4 forum code base , and if you make it exactly like mt4 code base with sections containing

1- technical analysis articles section
2- coding best practices articles section
3- Cs indicators section
4- dlls section
5- digital FSB , FST book section Ver1 and you keep updating this book with time and with all active forum members inputs'' after your revision of contents''

I'm working on dll indicators. I'm almost ready but there is a bug I cannot figure out.

When there is no dll files, FSB compiles all cs files correctly. Later, when it loads indicators again, it checks the dlls and since they are updated, FSB loads indicators from dll. The bug is that FSB misses Chande Oscillator and loads Volumes twice. ?! I cannot find the bug. It must be in
class CustomIndicators or in class IndicatorCompilationManager

The code is uploaded in GitHub.
Probably a fresh eye is needed.

http://s21.postimg.org/mdzj7f55f/indicators_dll.jpg

Bug was found and fixed. I'll publish next FSB beta with dll indicators on Sunday.

Can I suggest that this indicator for sale section be set up soon..?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

When will this section commence, captain? For easier calculation and fund transfer, I suggest using base pricing of 6/12/18. Easier to deal with when there's round numbers.

Will it work? Money talks I guess.

I await this.....

As soon as it appears I am going to request that Footon prepare a couple and post them for sale.

Hopefully, the skilled people will do a bit of custom work as well for a fee.

I appreciate what the guys have prepared and donated so far, it is now time that they were rewarded with a bit of juice.

footon wrote:

When will this section commence, captain? For easier calculation and fund transfer, I suggest using base pricing of 6/12/18. Easier to deal with when there's round numbers.

I am not understanding 'base pricing of 6/12/18', can you elaborate a bit, please.  Thanks

Blaiserboy wrote:
footon wrote:

I am not understanding 'base pricing of 6/12/18', can you elaborate a bit, please.  Thanks

Miro said about pricing $5 - $15. Lets assume 5 for the most simple one, a tenner a bit more complicated and a 15 one which makes coder suicidal.

My suggestion is to average up (5 to 6), because a third of 5 is 1.6666667 something.

Therefore $6, $12, $18 is the pricing which makes sense the most. Or in the website point of view $2, $4, $6.

What about a flat price of $18 and simplify the bookkeeping.? That represents a very very very low price for hiring a professional, you would not get that price anywhere else. It is actually a donation.

Programmers that I deal with charge a minimum of $100 per hour, $18 for an indicator is a super low price for custom work.

That's an idea, but lower is better for FSB I think. Just couple of days ago I saw mq4 indis advertised for $5 and $10, and I would say those are professionally coded. There were higher prices also, representing "more" in terms of sophistication and capabilities.

A simple mq4 porting to C# can be 10-15 minutes of work, modification here and there and that's it. A fiver is fair in this sense.

Hopefully this facility is easy to set up and done soon.. I have a couple things I would like to ask for but want to look after whoever does the work.

We can make lower price if an indicator can be published publicly.

Payment can be done easier to developer's email via PayPal (It accept credit cards also). Later author can donate some amount to FSB Project (when make bigger income).

There is a small issue. Indicator have to be supplied as three dlls - one for each program). I cannot solve this for now, but will search a solution.

Any comments?

Popov wrote:

We can make lower price if an indicator can be published publicly.

Price of $5 if published publicly, otherwise $10? Or go lower than $5?

Popov wrote:

There is a small issue. Indicator have to be supplied as three dlls - one for each program). I cannot solve this for now, but will search a solution.

FSB, FST and FSB Pro? Why separate dll's?

FSB, FST and FSB Pro? Why separate dll's?

Now if you compile a dll in FSB, it cannot be load in FST. It's an issue and has to be fixed.
I'll try to fix it in next updates.

$5 is minimal price. Prices may not be fixed.
A user can request an indicator and offer a price ($5 minimum). If a developer is interested, he/she will develop the indicator. If not, the user has to increase the offer.

$5 - can be the price for small modification of an indicator - change a param or range.
Recommended cost can be 15$ per hour. Normally an indicator can be developed for 1 or 2 hours. We have to add some amount to donate FSB. (You decide)

We can make like that: If indicator is private, buyer / developer has to donate FSB with %. If indicator is public - no donation required (but possible).

FSB Pro will allow development of addons. An addon can cost $10 - $1000 and can be sold from third party developers.
I see some fx products costing several hundreds that can be easily developed as addons. I also think to provide such service, one good day when FSB Pro is live.

I'll make some open source addons later for demonstrations.
There will be an enterprise license for FSB Pro that will include the source code for private use. It will allow easier addons development.

Possible addons are - optimization methods, analysing modules, data feeds, reporting, monitoring services, logging...

Yep, the system needs to be flexible, different strokes for different folks. The main things are to define boundaries, for instance we agree that the minimum is $5. The upper region is not as important as it is a matter of negotiation between requestor and developer. Personally I don't like per-hour-fee in coding, too vague (when I do some custom stuff, my main time goes to thinking everything through, little time of coding, and then rethinking it before finishing the work big_smile But how can one charge for thinking? At least this is my take on things, amateur like I am).

Another minimum is the donation size - 1/3 for the project is reasonable.

Regarding the pricing I still feel the lower the better. Quantity has a quality all its own. There's little demand for this though, but I hope it will be stable at least to have a meaning.

New forum is open. Please advice a proper announcement / opening post or header wording correction.

s/b payment in advance, I think..

Popov wrote:

New forum is open. Please advice a proper announcement / opening post or header wording correction.

I edited the wording a bit, fixed a typo.

Blaiserboy wrote:

s/b payment in advance, I think..

Payment is an issue, in advance or not. I would the prefer the latter, it's a matter of trust simply put. Any more comments about this?

Is there a url for the page.. I do not see it...

Thanks

Popov wrote:

Opening post - it should be very simple, easily understandable.

Firstly a conclusion ("this section serves the purpose of requesting custom indicators for FSB, FST, Pro for a fee).

Then something about fees ("minimum price for one indicator is $5. Depending on the complexity of the request at hand it can be higher, which will be determined by the negoatiation between the requestor and developer").

It should be also noted that ordering a custom indi is a noble deed beacuse at least 1/3 of the indicator price goes to the FSB project!

Every request should be in a different thread.

What else... Will think about it more.