Topic: ADX Indicator

Hello
i try to make a strategy with the ADX indicator
but when i select  "ADX changes its direction downwards" the blue curve try to close the trade always while the curve is falling but this operation is covered be the setting "ADX falls" Why is the ADX here always closing the trade. In my opinion it should wait until the curve starts from rising just to falling this would be the right trigger to stop the trade.
Is the ADX not working propperly here or did i wrong adjustment.

Aspecial question: Do you know an indicator which indicates the inclination of a curve in degrees.
E.g. ich i have a MA it should be possible to set The trade shoud start if the angle of the MA curve of a certain perjod is higher than  e.g. 15 degrees
Is this possibel to realize with the strategy builder

thank you very much for your help

Oswald

Re: ADX Indicator

Please post a strategy and a screenshot of the noticed issue. Be sure that if this is a bug, we'll fix it.

Probably the misinterpretation comes up because  it uses previous bar values which does not allow to check it exactly with the graphic when i switch it off it works ok

Othello wrote:

Aspecial question: Do you know an indicator which indicates the inclination of a curve in degrees.
E.g. ich i have a MA it should be possible to set The trade shoud start if the angle of the MA curve of a certain perjod is higher than  e.g. 15 degrees
Is this possibel to realize with the strategy builder

thank you very much for your help

Oswald

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3386/ind … of-the-ma/